Starting a Meetup Group in the Los Angeles/Pasadena area

bleumonique
on 6/20/11 6:19 am - los angeles, CA
I was banded about a year ago and came to these forums several months before that. Although I have not been consistent in coming to the OH forums lately, I have found Obesity Help to be of great support !  But lately, I have found myself in need of something more and would like to meet and share with folk locally.

I have been searching for a local group in my immediate area where things like ongoing diet and life change issues can be discussed, meet others who are are going through the same or similiar process that I have, and share ideas, thoughts, questions, and the like about doctors, diet, hospitals/clinics and excercise.  I have yet to find something close by that meets all that.  I know that have some nice tidbits to share, and have much to learn from others, so I thought I would start a Meet-up group myself!

If you are interested in such a Meet-up, let me know.  The link to the profile page is:  Lap Band Meetup or post a message to me here and let me know what you think!
http://www.meetup.com/Lap-Band-Meetup/
Highest weight: 275; Consult: 265; 2 wks Pre-Op (5-14-10): 255;  current weight (9-26-11):

Largest Size: 24; Pre-Op Size (5-14-10): 20; Current Size (9-26-11): 14
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Most Active