That time of the month (Tom may not want to read :)

Amy B.
on 6/7/11 11:12 am
Ok, guys. Here's a little background. I had endometrial ablation a little over 2 years ago and was period since then....until last month. I'm thinking it is probably due to the weight loss, but am not sure. Does anyone know about this? In addition, I am having cravings like crazy AND feel like I could, as we say in the south, eat the hind end out of a rag doll (nice visual, huh?). Anyway, has anyone had any similar experiences? Any tips on what to do? Thanks for any advice you can give :)
One day at a time.  
Vivian Prouty
on 6/7/11 10:15 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Amy,....I should call a friend of mine who has had this done before responding to this.    LOL   I have no experience on this at all.   I would say that maybe  the hunger is caused by your harmones and the fact that you had your menstrual cycle.    If you feel hunger....grab some carrot sticks or a piece of fruit and eat something healthy.    If it is just cravings....I would suggest maybe go for a walk or work out to take your mind off the cravings.    If it keeps up you may want to call  your doctor to see if what you are going through is normal.    Good luck to you.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

kimkeever
on 6/8/11 1:16 am - AZ
Im not sure if anyone experienced this one or not, but I was told to go off my bcp a month before surgery (last day I took them was Feb 16th).  I have not had pd since then and not sure why or what is going on or not...i may have to talk to dr about that one...some of the health  posts said that it could possibly take up to 6 mos before it comes back...anyone know if that is true?  thanks

Amy B.
on 6/8/11 6:27 am
 Thanks, Vivian!!! And, Kim, I wish I had answers. Looks like we're in a similar boat.
One day at a time.  
Tom C.
on 6/10/11 8:14 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
 .. Honestly I didn't read much, but just wanted you to know I care and hope you feel better!! Know I am praying, and I am here for you. 
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Amy B.
on 6/11/11 10:16 pm
 Thanks, Tom :D
Most Active