Pre-Op Diet day 7--Surgery on June 8th

Chelsea D.
on 6/5/11 10:27 am
Can't believe I've survived a week of my pre-op diet!!! I had a hard time the first 3 days, as a matter of fact my 3rd day was also my full day of pre-op appointments. Upper GI, Chest xray, nurtritionist, coordinator, NP, etc. That was the WORST day of my life I do believe. BUT they told me that day that I could have a piece of chicken or fish each day and so that has made the rest of the time more tolerable. I didn't want to but I was having such a hard time getting my protein drinks down that I figured I better do something. So I have liquids all day and a piece of chicken for dinner and I'm actually satisfied with that. I have lost between 13 and 15 pounds depending on which scale I go by(my home scales weigh me less than my work/doctors scales do). Not too shabby for a week!!! =)

I am starting to get really nervous/scared. Not because of the type of surgery just because of the surgery in general, and being put to sleep. It's scary. But I know that I am fully prepared for the things that must take place afterward and I will be successful no matter what. Just gotta get through Wednesday and all will be good!!!

(deactivated member)
on 6/6/11 2:47 am - KY
Adjustable Gastric Band on 05/26/11
good luck with everything! it is scary but the odds are on your side. let us know how you are doing when you begin sitting on the losers bench.
purple39lady
on 6/6/11 9:34 am
Good luck Chelsea,
  Everything will go well.  It is normal to be nervous about surgery.  My doctor always told me that if I was not nervous, he would think something was wrong with me. LOL.  Let us know how everything goes.  Take care Chelsea.
Amy B.
on 6/7/11 11:01 am
 Hi Chelsea,

You will do awesome !!! Dr. Cox and the entire staff will take very good care of you. Please let me know if you need anything. I'm going to send a PM with my contact info. Please feel free to contact me if you need anything. It's nice to know there's someone on here who has the same surgeon :D

Amy
One day at a time.  
Most Active