GOT TO GET BACK ON TRACK NOW!

trying2findmyself
on 5/31/11 12:52 am - Allen, OK
HELLO FRIENDS,
OK I REALLY NEED SOME SUPPORT, ADVISE, HELP TO GET MYSELF BACK ON TRACK! I WAS DOING SO GOOD AND ALMOST REACHING MY GOAL WEIGHT. MY HUSBAND HAS NOT BEEN SUPPORTIVE THROUGH MY WHOLE WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY AND HAD CONVINCED ME I WAS GETTING TO SLIM, WHICH REALLY I WASN'T BUT TO MAKE HIM HAPPY AND WANTING HIM TO BE PROUD OF ME I HAVE BEEN EATING MORE AND ALOT OF THE WRONG THINGS. WELL NEEDLESS TO SAY HE GOT WHAT HE WANTED BUT I GAINED WHAT I DIDN'T WANT:( SO WHAT DO I DO NOW? I DON'T WANT TO DISSAPPOINT MY HUSBAND BUT I FEEL I AM LETTING MYSELF DOWN AFTER ALL THE HARD WORK I HAVE DONE SO FAR. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

STACY
donsharleygirl
on 5/31/11 1:52 am - Lincoln Park, MI

Stacy,

I'm sorry to hear that your husband is not being supportive.  You are worth the effort you need to put in to get back on track and damn what your husband says, thinks, does.  Do this for you, not him.  If he is disappointed in you for losing weight, looking and feeling better physically and mentally then you are not the one with the problem, he is.

Maybe he is concerned that you will no longer feel the same way about him because you have lost weight.  I only know that doing this for someone else is not the right reason.  Good luck and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Colleen

Colleen
Surgery 9-30-09
SW 281.4
CW 118.8
GW 145

trying2findmyself
on 5/31/11 3:51 am - Allen, OK
Thank You Colleen! I needed that we have been married 27 years and I will always love him no matter what size I am. I just once would love to hear from him you are looking Great Babe I'm so proud of you! Is that to much to ask? I appreciate all the prayers and I plan to stay active on here with all my OH Friends that always seems to help. I will keep you updated and once again, Thanks My Friend:)
Stacy

Kim H.
on 5/31/11 8:44 am - Duluth, MN
Stacy,
Please, please, please DO NOT listen to your husband. You should be proud and KNOW THAT WE ALL HERE ON OH ARE PROUD OF YOU! Right, gang???? Do this for you and no one else. If your medical team feel you are doing well with your weight loss, who cares what your husband says! I am blessed to have a very supportive husband. I would not be able to do this without family support. Please know I am praying for you, too! Good luck...please keep us posted!

~Kim~

Tom C.
on 6/1/11 12:08 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Stacy,

I echo what everyone already said. While family and friends are very important in our lives, the bottom line is we need to do this for us, and no one else. Until you’ve walked in our shoes, and wore our pants/dresses, you can’t imagine or truly appreciate WHY we are doing this.

Many times a loved one will request us not to be successful, because they are scared. Many times for our health, but also because they are insecure. They are afraid the person they grew to love will change, and that the person they grew to love will leave them. Not saying this is the case with your husband, but it could be. Maybe reassuring him that after 27 years you’re not going anywhere, no matter how small you become.

I also strongly suggest you two go to a support group, or two, and discuss this openly with folks who are taking the same journey. Maybe one he realizes why you are so focused, and knows others have taken similar paths, he will be less inclined to ask you to stop your weight loss.

If you don’t have a support group, then maybe visiting with your: Bariatric Doctor; Nutritionist and/or Psych Doctor will help. (Note: many insurance companies permit a certain amount of follow-up appointments with your Nutritionist and/or Psych Doctor – so if money is an issue, check that).

Know we’re here for you, and have all the support you’ll ever need!!!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active