Cost

Alish1974
on 5/22/11 10:28 am
I live in Northern Illinois near Schaumburg. I am at the point where I know I am finally ready to get the realize band. What I have noticed is that there can be thousands of dollars in difference in price from facility to facility with various pre-op tests either included or not included. I've seen from 13,000 to 16,000 and beyond. I'm looking for a qualified surgeon with a good program and at a fair price. I do not mean to sound like I'm looking for a used car but it seems that some places try to charge more just because they can. Can anyone advise me on bariatric places in the area that have a great facility/program with a good price as I will be self pay. Thank you all so much for the help.
Kim H.
on 5/23/11 3:51 am - Duluth, MN
I can not answer that question, but I have noticed by reading the posts on this site that some people get fills while being able to view it on a sonogram-type thing. I inquired at my surgeon's office and was told they do not do it here because it is a costly test.
Good luck with your quest for answers.

~Kim~

Tom C.
on 5/23/11 11:27 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

Maybe this link can help locate a qualified surgeon near you.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/find/bariatric-surgeon/IL/

As you mentioned, each Doctor’s charge will be different.  There are many factors involved, such as Doctor themselves, the facility they operate, how long the patient remains in the facility, how insurance reimburses, etc.

I know in NJ the average price is between $15,000 and $20,000. I also know that many NJ Doctor’s give a ‘discount’ to self-paid patients.

I’ve also know many people who go out of country to have the operation done. There is one “famous" Doctor in Mexico many folks go to have their operation. If you’re really interested, I can try to obtain that information for you.

Just remember, once outside the United States your rights as a patient, and person, differ. While it may be cheaper in initial costs, unforeseen issues may increase costs.

Good luck, and know we’re here for you.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active