New to the forum...thanks

Josie D
on 5/15/11 5:04 am
Hi.  I got my realize band on 3/11.  I've lost about 25 pounds and feel good.  I've been reading OH since February and have enjoyed hearing from all of you.  Everyone on the realize board seems very supportive which is nice.  Before I got my band I was doing Jenny Craig and had a body media fit armband.  I just started wearing it again and it is pretty cool.  Does anyone else have one?  Do you think it helps by tracking everything?  My biggest struggles at this time are portion control and getting my exercise in.  I seem to be doing o.k. with the types of foods I eat and drinking enough water.  Before surgery I drank 5 or 6 diet dr. pepper's each day!  It was hard to switch to water but once I got used to it I began to like it.  Anyway, this is my first post and I just wanted to say hi. For those of you that are new like me I recommend the book Bandwagon by Jean McMillan.  I got mine a few weeks ago and can't put it down! 

Josie

(deactivated member)
on 5/15/11 12:54 pm - KY
Adjustable Gastric Band on 05/26/11
Welcome!

I am going to check that book out :)
Tom C.
on 5/16/11 1:31 am, edited 5/16/11 1:31 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
WELCOME JOSIE !! Glad to see you've joined our ever expanding, always decreasing, family!!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Kim H.
on 5/16/11 8:19 am - Duluth, MN
I have heard that book is great! Now I just have to find it! Welcome to OH Realize Band Forum. I had my surgery on 2/28/11.

~Kim~

Josie D
on 5/16/11 10:53 pm
Thanks for the posts.  It's good to be here!  I think you can get the book from the author's website.  I got mine after reading this forum and seeing a link.   jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com. 

Good luck everyone.  It isn't easy, but support makes it a lot easier!!!!  Josie

Most Active