How do fills work?

Amy B.
on 5/14/11 6:54 am
I've had 2 so far and after the last one, I had a lot more restriction than before. I still feel more restricted than before the fill, but not as much as I initially did. Does this always happen? Does the band tend to stretch out over time? It seems like if it doesn't you'd never need another fill. It would be right the first time. Any insights would be greatly appreciated...Tom :D (and anyone else of course) 
One day at a time.  
crystal M.
on 5/14/11 10:05 am, edited 5/14/11 10:24 am - Joliet, IL
For me when ever I got a fill I would feel restriction for the first week or so and then it would seem to loosen up a little.  The doctor said it wasn't the Band...it's my stomach.  There are two reasons first when you get a fill there could be some swelling at first and then when the swelling goes down the Band seems more lose.  The second reason is your stomach can become accostom to the fill.  So what seems tight at first will seem fine as time goes by.  So it's not your band stretching out...your band is sitting around living tissue.  Living tissue that expands and contracts on a regular basis.  Of course over time (like a year) the band does lose some fluid and will need a tweek every year to keep your current level of restriction. 
Katie Keane in New
York

on 5/14/11 10:17 am - NY
Hi there,
Was eves dropping, thanks for that info.

Very interesting!
Katie

Katie Keane

Kim H.
on 5/14/11 9:32 pm - Duluth, MN
Thanks for that explanation...it helps to read all the posts cuz you never know what information can be helpful to others, not just the one asking the question. Thanks again

~Kim~

Kim H.
on 5/14/11 9:33 pm - Duluth, MN
good question..wondered about that myself!

~Kim~

Most Active