Roller Coasters

Amy B.
on 5/8/11 2:47 am
We went to Carowinds (an amusement park) yesterday for Mother's Day. It has been a long time since I've gone there because riding roller coasters, which I love, had become increasingly difficult due to not being able to comfortably close the safety bars. Well, I didn't have a problem yesterday. I even had extra room. It was awesome and we all had a fantastic time. We didn't leave the par****il 10 pm! The one thing I did find hard was eating healthy. I think I did as well as I could have given the situation, but it still makes one question food choices. Anyway, I hope everyone is having a great Mother's day weekend! 
One day at a time.  
Tom C.
on 5/9/11 2:34 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Amy,

Thanks for sharing another great example of a NON-SCALE VICTORY (NSV)!! It was wonderful to read!!

As for making good choices in places like this, it's gonna be hard. What you need to remember, even if you eat something no so healthy take pride in eating LESS of it. That's the true victory!!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Amy B.
on 5/10/11 11:08 am
 Thanks, Tom! At least I forgoed (is that even a word?) the funnel cake for a fruit cup :D
Tom C.
on 5/11/11 4:32 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
I am glad to know you forgoed (yes, in Brooklyn that's a word) those other things. THAT'S ANOTHER VICTORY TO CELEBRATE!!!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
(deactivated member)
on 5/13/11 8:02 am - KY
Adjustable Gastric Band on 05/26/11
That is wonderful. I am so happy for you!
Most Active