Surgery completed

purple39lady
on 5/4/11 4:10 am
Good afternoon all,
  I had my surgery yesterday and was released this morning.  Overall I feel fine.  I am sipping on a protein shake.  My doctor started me on a pureed diet today.  I am going to try some tuna for supper in the blender and see how that goes down.  Last night in the hospital I was pretty groggy and only had water and some ice chips.  I am sore, but I hope all will go well.  I have not experienced the gas pains yet(I hope I don't).  I will use all the advice that you guys provide. 
Heather S.
on 5/4/11 6:50 am
Teriffic news glad that everything went well and you are back at home.  Keep me posted on your happenings.  How are you feeling walking around?
Thank You,

Heather

purple39lady
on 5/4/11 8:24 am
Heather,  I am sore, but trying to get up and walk around the house.  I walked downstairs about an hour ago and that was pretty uncomfortable.  I did eat some applesauce.  I am hungry, but scared that things may get stuck.  I am going to drink something and try to eat a little later.  How are you feeling?
Heather S.
on 5/4/11 11:21 am
Sounds like your doing really well and kudos for walking around your house and even managing to go downstairs that is great!  Its important to keep moving even if you just walk from one room to another until you are ready for more formal exercise.

Eventually the soreness will go away, were you prescribed any pain meds or anything?   Another OH member suggested that I use a heating pad to help soothe areas that were sore and that seemed to help me.

I'm feeling great a bit more energetic each day. I even managed to go back to my job in NYC and walked around (well slowly) the city on my lunch hour ( a few blocks).   I've finished the clear liquids phase and am still in the solid liquids.  I have some good protein shakes and liquid protein to drink and I'm noticing that really helps with the healing.

I think its great that you are doing so well.

Thank You,

Heather

Amy B.
on 5/4/11 7:18 am
 Sounds like you're doing great! Welcome aboard!
One day at a time.  
Kim H.
on 5/4/11 7:38 am - Duluth, MN
So glad to hear you are doing well. Welcome to the Losers' Bench!

~Kim~

Country
on 5/4/11 8:28 am
Wow, you seem to be doing great.. I was down for about a week, just tired and achy and the pain in the back on the left side was killing me.. but about a week later I went to work, and 2 weeks later or more the pain went away.. I am 9 weeks out and other than the scars on my tummy, I can't even tell I had surgery, and all the liquid and soft, mushy food diet is a thing of the past ****il after every fill-liquids for 24 hours)-I just focus on eating smaller portions, chewing (counting my chews helps) a lot and drinking all the water they tell you too, and trying not to drink and eat within 1 hour of each other.. so far and with a great support system, I am well on my way to being one of the Losers!! :)

I have been lucky with my eating and losing weight weekly.. I had my first fill last Tuesday, but don't feel any different, I think I go back in about 6 weeks to meet with my doctor..  am keeping positive, and when I feel down or feel like pigging out, I come here and read/share what is going on.. it really helps more than you know.. come here first before doing something you will regret.

Best of luck, I am still new here, and there are tons more experienced, but I wanted to add my two cents!!

You can do it!!

Heather S.
on 5/4/11 11:24 am
I'm go glad that you mentioned doing the liquids for 24 hours after the fill that is a good idea, I was just banded on 4/26 so its nice to see your posting as you are a few weeks out.

Its good that you are remaining positive and working your plan.

Were you sore on your left side were the port is?  If so for how long.
Thank You,

Heather

purple39lady
on 5/5/11 2:14 am
Country, I am tired,but the aches have eased.  I had a terrible head cold.  That is better as well.  Now I am just trying to understand what my body is trying to tell me.  I am going to drink lots of water.  Yesterday I only got one bottle down and that is not like me.  I am going to try and get my fluids in today.  I am off work for another week so I should be good to go by then.  Thanks for the words of encouragement.  Good luck to you.
Tom C.
on 5/5/11 3:51 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Purple39lady,

Just got to see this. CONGRATS and WELCOME OUR BANDED SISTER.

I won't repeat what the other experts have written here - they are all an intelligent bunch.

Know we're here for you, and keep us posted on your progress.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active