Hello Everyone!

(deactivated member)
on 5/3/11 7:25 am - KY
Adjustable Gastric Band on 05/26/11
I wanted to introduce myself to the message boards for the Realize Band. I just found out that is what my surgeon uses and I feel confident in his decision.

I have been reading through the forum today and I am eager to participate. So many knowledgeable and kind people to help support me on my journey.

I believe strongly in support. I really liked how Tom said "Time for some tough love...". What a great way to share information. Sometimes we need to hear the difficult stuff.

I am getting ready to start my pre op diet and I have a surgery date of May  26, yay!!!

Kim H.
on 5/3/11 8:33 am - Duluth, MN
Stephanie,
Welcome to the forum. We are here for you in any way we can be. Yes, Tom tells it like it is and I like that, too! Good luck on your journey, and we look forward to hearing about your progress. I know you will not regret your decision! Keep us posted!

~Kim~

(deactivated member)
on 5/5/11 9:03 am - KY
Thanks Kim for making me feel so welcome. I look forward to being a part of the message boars.
(deactivated member)
on 5/5/11 9:05 am - KY
I mean message BOARDS. I am not calling anyone boars, snort snort.
Katie Keane in New
York

on 5/7/11 2:24 am - NY
Hi Stephanie,
I had surgery 4/27, and I was so appreciative of the site. Any question you have,(except a medical problem) these guys are here to answer. Don't feel shy about asking, we all had different ptoblems. Someone out there had yours. So glad you have joined us, Good Luck on Pre-op. Talk soon.
Katie in New York

Katie Keane

Heather S.
on 5/11/11 1:37 am
Katie,

How are you doing and feeling I was banded the day before you.  Hope all is well.
Thank You,

Heather

Katie Keane in New
York

on 5/11/11 7:02 am - NY
Hi Heather,
On the whole feeling great.  Soreness was gone by day 7, by day 10 don'rt even notice the port.

Starting mushies tonite, I was out all day.  I was out with my son after he finished work last night.  He wanted to stop at a restaurant for dinner, I said I can't.   He said, yes you can, you can  have soup.  I thought OK.............! The only soup was onion with cheese and bread on top. I ordered it and did fine,  just ate the onion portion.   I was pleased.   I'm having an awful battle with the water.    I have to get that under control,  like now.    I'm suffering from that darn left shoulder pain.   But, I found yesterday when I hadn't eaten as much,  {no soups}  because I was out,  I didnt get it at all last night.  Otherwise I'm great.
I have my support  group tomorrow night,  so I'll ask questions.  Thanks a lot for asking. Get back to me on your ups,  and downs. Stay in touch Katie

Katie Keane

Katie Keane in New
York

on 5/11/11 7:08 am - NY
P.S..Heather .

I'm not  a techie on this computer, I just tried to do a friend request to you, I got nowhere. If you'd like to, do me and maybe I'll get it right. Katie

Katie Keane

(deactivated member)
on 5/12/11 3:04 pm - KY
Thanks Katie!  I will remember that and not be shy about asking questions.
Tom C.
on 5/3/11 9:33 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Stephanie,

Here's some more tough love .. We're happy to have you here, and can't wait for you to offically join us on the Loser's Bench in the Winner's Circle.

So WELCOME, and know we're here for you.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active