2nd Fill Not as Fun...

Amy B.
on 5/2/11 7:09 am
Not that the first one was fun, but this one didn't go quite as well. First, I went to my pre-conference with the support team and was told I am doing better than the average band patient with my weight loss :D. I was also told that the surgeon was called in to surgery and my fill would be about an hour and a half later than scheduled. At least that gave me time to go to the "higher end" Goodwill for some clothes that actually fit. Anyway, I finally went in for the fill. It was a different doctor this time and he was a little rougher than the first one. My esophagus wasn't cooperating and the liquid was just sitting in my throat. It finally went down and he put in 1cc. I took another sip and same thing, but it still went through, my throat just wasn't happy about it. He put in another cc and this time, it didn't go down at all, so he removed 1/2 cc. I wish I hadn'****ched the screen. I think the combination of watching the liquid in my throat/stomach and being able to see the staples around it must have made me anxious because I almost passed out. This has happened a few times before, but usually on the OBGYN table (sorry, Tom). Well, I made it through and now I have 3.5 ccs. I hope this will be the magic number. I was just wondering if anyone else has passed out before during a fill. They said it is pretty common.
One day at a time.  
Hislady
on 5/2/11 9:05 am - Vancouver, WA
I don't know all the scientifics of it but have read where others have had the same problem. I think it had something to do with the vagas nerve but mot sure. Anyway yes it has happened to others too,
Tom C.
on 5/3/11 3:32 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Never had that problem .. but I almost passed out when I read OBGYN  

Hope you're feeling better today.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Kim H.
on 5/3/11 3:35 am - Duluth, MN
I personally have not experienced that, but I have heard of it happening, also. When I have gone in for the 2 fills I have has so far it has been, and always will be the surgeon's physician assistant doing the fill. I know I am not at my magic number yet and I have a few weeks left until the next fill. I am at 5.3cc. I have also never gotten to watch anything on any screen. What is that about? Should I be having my fills done a different wy? should I inquire about that the next time I go in?

~Kim~

Amy B.
on 5/4/11 7:14 am
 Thanks guys! I will say that I do feel more restricted...in a good way. I'm at 3.5 ccs so we'll see at the next one if that's the magic number. As for your questions, Kim, I'm not sure. I have to go to the hospital radiology department for my fills. I'm sure every office is different and your's may just have a different way of doing it.
Most Active