MONDAY GRATEFUL POST

Vivian Prouty
on 5/1/11 11:02 pm - Fort Worth, TX
  Morning Everyone,

Hope everyone had a great weekend and are now ready to begin our week.    It feels like fall here in my area.    The high temp. is going to be in the 50's.    Really different from the high 80's that we had on saturday.    But it is nice on our electric bill.   LOL   We ALL have so very much in our lives to be grateful for....so many of them are things that we take for granted.    This post is a reminder of all the things that have come into our lives and to remind  us that no matter how bleak life seems to us....there is always someone much worse off than we are.  PLEASE feel free to share with us what you too are grateful for.    Here are some of the things that I am grateful for........

Grateful for the rain we are getting ( we need it so badly ),
My WLS and all the choices for WLS,
My Life and health,
Family and friends,
My OH support group and all the support groups that I attend on a regular basis,
My home and my husband's job,
For my 3 son's and future daughter in law,
For my fur babies and all the unconditional love they give to me,
For heating and air conditioning,
For the support and encouragement that I get from my family and friends,
For the upcoming OH Conference in New Orleans, La. Sept 9-10.....should be a awesome one.

Have a blessed day.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Kim H.
on 5/3/11 8:44 am - Duluth, MN
My "grateful for" this week is that my son and his family are coming to see us weekend after next. Have not seen them since August! So , they have not seen my weight loss. In fact , my son has NEVER seen me at this lower weight in his whole life! He is 27.
Also, I guess I have another one: My podiatrist was so pleased at the weight I have lost so far. He said I was "beaming" and he has never seen me so upbeat and happy. He is especially happy about the weight loss because, since I have Spina Bifida, I have small feet and small calf bones, and the extra weight was unhealthy for that(among other medical) reason. He and I have a "deal". I am not supposed to concentrate on the negative (my calves are so thin now all I see is the flab from the weight I lost)when instead I should say, "now I have the opportunity to use the machines at the gym to strengthen my calf muscles, even if they will not get much stronger.
Sorry I rambled again! Thanks for the opportunity to post our gratefulnesses, Vivian!

~Kim~

Most Active