Wow, 8 months post-op

(deactivated member)
on 4/24/11 12:52 pm, edited 4/25/11 8:06 am - Hatboro, PA
Wow, after uploading pics from today I started looking at pics on my computer from Easter last year. It's amazing how big of a difference there is in pics of me between then and now. What a difference a year can make between the pics, as I can see a HUGE different in my face, etc... It's been 8 months since surgery, and I've lost about 90 lbs so far. I'm no longer taking blood pressure medication, I'm down 3 pant sizes (and they're getting big), down 2 shirt sizes, etc. I just can't believe that I waited so long to start my weight loss journey!

Also: I edited the the "Subject" of my post to "Wow, 8 months post-op". I realized that putting "what a difference a year can make" implied that I was at my one year surgiversary. With the remark about a year I was just comparing myself to a pic from Easter a year ago.

Easter 2010 (around 380 lbs-it's a wierd looking pic cause I'm bent over to get down by my niece)

and Easter 2011 (290 lbs)
Amy B.
on 4/24/11 8:52 pm
 THAT'S AWESOME, DAVID!!! You look great and it's obvious you feel great! Keep up the great work!
One day at a time.  
(deactivated member)
on 4/25/11 8:07 am - Hatboro, PA
Thank you, I do feel tons better then I used to! 
Tom C.
on 4/24/11 8:58 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
David,

What a wonderful way to celebrate the day that celebrates Re-Births.

So happy for your success.

You've inspired many today!!

Make sure you post back often.

CONGRATS on all you have accomplished.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
(deactivated member)
on 4/25/11 8:06 am - Hatboro, PA
Thanks Tom, but you're the one that has inspired many!
Kim H.
on 4/25/11 8:37 am - Duluth, MN
That is awesome David! Thanks for sharing! Isn't it a great feeling when clothes start being too big? I just a month ago bought the dress pants I wore Easter Sunday(yesterday)and the are already starting to fall lower on the waistline than they are supposed to! Love it! You look great! I bet you feel great too! Keep up the great work!
Tom I love your comment about re-birth! It is SO fitting! Thank you for saying it that way!

~Kim~

Anna H.
on 4/25/11 11:53 pm - Lawrenceville, PA
You look fantastic David! Amazing what transformations we go thru with this wonderful tool. I will be a month out tomorrow and although its not going off very fast for me(22pds)Although this is alot more then I have lost in years and I am grateful I can see the difference in my body and so does everyone else.. Thanks for the inspiration.
  1.           "Rescuing one dog will not change the world...But for that dog the world will be forever changed.
purple39lady
on 4/27/11 4:58 am
David,
  You look awesome.  Wow what a big change.  I wish you continued success.  You are doing great.  Keep it up. 

peggyann5
on 4/28/11 6:09 am
The pictures really look different and you look great, I am really getting scared again , but then I see a story like yours an I get excited. I may have to take some of the posts with me to the hospital for reassurance. Keep up the good work and take care.

Most Active