New to the Forum

pholland41
on 4/19/11 6:37 am

I just joined. The last 6 months have been so strange and exciting for me. In mid November 2010 I finally decided I needed help to lose the weight. I searched the web looking for a good and board certified bariatric surgeon; once I found him I did some additional research on him and went to his banding information class. The week following the information session I had all my pre-testing completed. During the month of December 2010 I had all my follow-up appointments with surgeon and other doctors. My insurance approved me really fast and I received a surgery date. I started my 2 week pre-surgery diet on January 20, 2011 and had surgery on February 3, 2011. My starting weight was 274 lbs I am now 224 lbs. So far I’ve been extremely lucky to not have any complications or side effects (no nausea, vomiting or gas pain). I’ve had 2 fills, a total of 3.5 ccs. I’ve noticed that I can pretty much eat whatever I want. Nothing gives me any problems yet.  I just try to make the right food choices, not over eat and take in plenty of liquids. I’m just happy that I finally did something to make my life better and I have no regrets.
P.

Tom C.
on 4/19/11 7:16 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
So nice to see another sibling in the family!! Welcome, and thanks for posting your experience. It has helped so many today.

Keep coming back. We're here to help!!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Kim H.
on 4/19/11 9:17 am - Duluth, MN
You lost 50 pounds since February 3rd?!?!? That's phenomenal! Welcome to the forum and keep us posted on your journey.

~Kim~

purple39lady
on 4/22/11 8:55 am
Congratulations to you.  I look forward to my surgery.  It is scheduled for may 3.  I am glad to hear that you had some success and no complications.  I hope I am as lucky as you are.  I am doing the pre-opt now and experiencing some difficulties, but eveyone here has been so supportive.  Good luck in your journey. 

farah22
on 4/22/11 10:14 am

Welcome and congratulations on your success. I am new to the forum too... My first consultation appointment with my doctor is on Monday!!! I Just wanted to welcome you and thank you for posting your positive experience. It gave me, and many others, hope and courage. Thank you.

pholland41
on 4/25/11 1:05 am
Thanks. The pre-opt diet was for me the most difficult time of this journey. There were times when I didn't think I could do it, but I kept telling myself that this whole process is going to be a challenge and if I could get through it I knew I would be successful. Just take it day-by-day. You can do it!!!
purple39lady
on 4/25/11 4:22 am
Thanks so much for the encouragement.  Everyone here is so great.  I need that support like many others.  I am a week and a day away from my surgery.  I am trying to get everything ready at work so I can take some time off after the surgery.  I need a break.  I look forward to sharing with you my experience.  

Katie Keane in New
York

on 4/25/11 4:55 am - NY
Welcome Aboard!
Boy, you really sound like a success story
. CONGRATULATIONS!!

Any suggestions on how you dealt with diet after surgery, that caused no side effects.?
What does eating whatever you want  consist of????
Those of us heading into surgery, would appreciate any of your insight that you have learned to make it a successful story for us.
Katie in New York

Katie Keane

June0409
on 5/1/11 9:16 pm
i am new here too ..... i had my band almost 2 years now .... it sounds like you are having great success!!! way to go
Most Active