Surgery is scheduled

purple39lady
on 4/16/11 12:25 pm

I am scheduled to have my band surgery on may 4.  Any suggestions on pre-diet strategies or protein shakes that are good.  I am extremely nervous but excited about the journey I am about to take in my life.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Amy B.
on 4/16/11 11:25 pm
 I personally prefer the Atkins Advantage shakes. They are a little more expensive, but when it's all you can have, taste is worth it. I actually still drink one on days I need extra protein. My favorite is the Mocha Cappuchino. I also like the Milk Chocolate and Strawberry. I don't care for the vanilla or dark chocolate though. Good luck and congratulations!!!

One day at a time.  
purple39lady
on 4/17/11 8:56 am

Amy, thanks so much for the tip.  I may try those.  I have chosen some from GNC.   I chose the strawberry flavor.  I hope I like them.  How have you done? 

Tom C.
on 4/17/11 9:12 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Purple39lady,

Getting your place on the Loser's Bench in the Winner's Circle ready. Can't wait to see you!!

No matter what brand of Protein shake you buy, try to remember:

Keep the Calories low (try to stay around 150 or below would be better)

Keep the Proteins between 20 and 30 (25 is ideal)

Keep the Carbs below 10 (5 is ideal)

Keep the Calories from fat below 20

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
purple39lady
on 4/18/11 8:21 am
Tom,  thanks so much for the information and the encouragement.  I am so excited.  I look forward to talking with you as I continue my journey.  Again, thanks.

Country
on 4/18/11 7:27 am
I do the premiere brand from Costco, great price and everything Tom suggests, perfect on the go, just keep chilled before drinking.

Good luck!!!

purple39lady
on 4/18/11 8:24 am
Thanks so much.

Katie Keane in New
York

on 4/26/11 1:55 am - NY
Hi Purple Lady,
Surgery tomorrow, doing the clear liquid regime today. White grape juice, apple juice,orange and lemon jello, hot clear chicken broth and
crystal light lemon.
First six days,had my tea in a.m. decaffinated ice tea, crystal light.
Jello Indulgence sufgar-free pudding {great} Jello sugar-free.One large can of low sodium chicken with rice first 3 days. Half for lunch, other half for dinner. I used the Atkins Shakes. Found them better over ice for me. As of today down 8 lbs.. It was doable, and a little walking each day.
Just hoping tomorrow and the next week are as good.
Hope this was helpful we can do it stay in touch.
Katie Keane in New YORK

Katie Keane

purple39lady
on 4/27/11 5:03 am
Katie,
  I hope your surgery went well.  Thanks for the suggestions.  It has been a struggle, but I am doing.  Can't wait until next Tuesday for my surgery.  Please post and let me know and the others how you are doing after your surgery.  Take care.

Most Active