MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE FOR TODAY

Vivian Prouty
on 4/10/11 11:59 pm - Fort Worth, TX
  Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out. Robert Collier

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Kim H.
on 4/11/11 4:09 am - Duluth, MN
Really appreciated that quote today, Vivian. Thank you. Pretty frustrated today. Not getting full (REAL hunger!) Am going to see the Doctor Thursday; getting a fill earlier than expected. Hope she has time to hear my frustrations and listen to me cry. Starting to feel like I made a mistake, or that I am just destined to fail. Is this a normal feeling for people that are 5-6 weeks out from surgery? Any replies would be appreciated, but I am not trying to say that I am feeling sorry for myself.

~Kim~

Vivian Prouty
on 4/11/11 4:28 am - Fort Worth, TX
 Kim.....I do not have lap band but all the WLS are all a little bit a like.   Are you waiting 30 minutes after you eat to drink.    Also measure your food and limit your intake.   If you are eating and drinking at the same time you could be washing the food out of your band pouch.    If that happens you will get hungry quicker.    You are NOT a failure....come on......you know better than that.    And I really doubt that you made a mistake with your decision for your surgery.    We all have to decide which surgery is best for our life and lifestyle.    I have lots of friends who have lap band and realize band as other WL surgeries too....we all have the same problems at one time or another.    Have you even had a fill yet???   Usually you get your first fill about 5 to 6 weeks.    I am sure that when you get that fill and feel the restriction that life will be much better for you.   Just hang in there and don't get discouraged.  When you feel hungry in the meantime....try to drink water.   That will fill you up.   Good luck to you and please don't get discouraged.   This is just a bump in the road....we ALL hit them at one time or the other.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.

Kim H.
on 4/11/11 7:04 am - Duluth, MN
Thank you Vivian! Your pep talk was what I needed!
But to answer a few of your questions: Yes, I do not drink before, during or after a meal. Yes I had one fill at one month out..that was only 2 weeks ago. I got 3.5 cc I think at that time. I did speak with my nutritionist and she said the same thing you did, DRINK first to make sure it really is hunger. But I am telling you..yesterday I drank like there was never gonna be any water again!! I think I stopped at 80 ounces for the day.I do measure..faithfully. I told her what I had for lunch and she said I AM making good choices so I guess you are right...I AM NOT A FAILURE!
Thanks again! God bless you!!!

~Kim~

Vivian Prouty
on 4/11/11 7:27 am - Fort Worth, TX
 Kim....Hang in there.    Glad you are doing everything right.   My niece that had lap band last June keeps telling her doc.  that she wants aggressive fills.    LOL   Sometimes she has problems eating because her band is so tight.....but she has lost over 80 lbs.    I know you will do great.   Just give it some time.   Remember us ladies are notorious for gaining water weight.    Don't let anything get you down.   Just keep doing what you know you were told to do and I know you will do great.    And NO you are NOT a failure.    Never will be either.    Take care and have a great day !!!

Hugs and blessing~~~~ Vivian

Kim H.
on 4/11/11 9:35 am - Duluth, MN
thanks again

~Kim~

Most Active