Luncheon

Amy B.
on 3/28/11 8:30 am
 Well, today I had a luncheon and I thought I would have a problem. The choices were chicken salad on a croissant, salmon (which I hate!) and filet. I was told not to have red meet for another month or two, so I opted for the chicken salad. I did NOT eat the croissant, or pasta salad that came  with it. Instead, I picked out the chicken and ate the fruit salad. I even avoided the pre-meal rolls which are, indeed, my favorite! Anyway, at the end of lunch, they gave out door prizes. I won a sweatshirt (and yes, it as cold enough to wear it today!) with our school mascot and logo embroidered on it. I didn't think much about it and just put it on as I was FREEZING! When I took it off later, I looked at the tag and it was a Large! Not a 2X, not a 1X, but a LARGE! I haven't been that small since before my children were born. We're talking 10+ years ago. I realized at that moment that the roll (let's face it...rolls) I would have normally eaten would be able to touch how great I felt when I saw that single "L" in the label.
One day at a time.  
Tom C.
on 3/28/11 8:57 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
CONGRATS!!! What a wonderful luncheon!! You'll remember this one for a while!!!

You're rocking that band .. keep up the great work !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Amy B.
on 3/29/11 7:19 am
 Thanks, Tom! And BTW, nice pic :)
One day at a time.  
Kim H.
on 3/28/11 10:16 pm - Duluth, MN
That is AWESOME!!! And what a great feeling! I had that feeling last week when I went clothes shopping, because everything I own is falling off. I tried on a pair of jeans , size XL...too big..sent hubby out to get a L...too big..I can wear a 14 now. I have NEVER had to go back to the rack for something SMALLER! I love clothes shopping now!
I am glad you made such great choices at the luncheon. Proud of you! I hope I can do as well in April at a spaghetti benefit for a friend's son! Not 4 months from surgery by then so I can not have pasta yet. I guess I will have the sauce and pretend it is chili ...and I think I can have salad..we shall see!

~Kim~

wheezygirl
on 3/29/11 4:58 am
 Congratulations! What a great feeling! You go girl!
Amy B.
on 3/29/11 7:23 am
Amy B.
on 3/29/11 7:23 am
  You can do it! From what I can tell, you seem very motivated and determined. I'm interested in your post-surgery diet. After 2 weeks, I was given freedom to gradually add things into my diet. The only exception was pork and red meat which I can't have until 2-3 months out. Salad was certainly on the after 3 week menu. What are your restrictions?
One day at a time.  
Kim H.
on 3/29/11 4:07 pm - Duluth, MN
Just clarifying..were you asking me about MY diet restrictions? Let me know,. I do not want to answer if you were directing the question to someone else. lol

~Kim~

Country
on 3/29/11 9:27 am
YAYYYYYY for you.. I can't wait to enter the "L" group!!!

Very inspirational..

Most Active