Heart Burn

Bonny D.
on 3/27/11 9:19 pm - Seattle, WA
I am 24 days out from surgery with the realize band and I am having heart burn on and off.  Is this common and would you make a doc appt?  or am I overreacting?

Thanks!

Bonny
Bon    
Tom C.
on 3/28/11 12:34 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Bonny,

The heart burn can be the result of nerves (worried about eating); eating too fast; eating the wrong (as in spicy/food that don't agree with you) foods, or you're still mending.

With any medical concern/question, I always tell folks to call their Doctor. IMHO it's best to hear "that's quite normal" then to hear "why didn't you contact us when this first occurred".

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
carriesb
on 3/28/11 8:16 am
Yes ask your Dr. I get heart burn but I did before also I take Prevecid Over the counter with my Dr's permission but I have to make sure I allow 30 minutes before I eat after I take it.
Bonny D.
on 3/31/11 1:17 pm, edited 3/31/11 1:17 pm - Seattle, WA
Thanks everyone!  I discovered it was the cranberry pomegranate juice I was drinking.  Also, pepper doesn't seem to like me which is bummer because I love spicy food. I called the doctor and they say its normal unless there is nausea and vomitting.  Thank goodness I am not having that problem!
Most Active