10 days after surgery and having port bulging and painful...

Mary A.
on 3/24/11 4:23 pm

Hi fellow Realizers,

I had my surgery on 3/14, and still having pain around the port and quite a bulge there as well.  Is it normal 10 days after surgery, or should I worry?

Thank you!

Tom C.
on 3/24/11 6:08 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
I wouldn't say worry, but I would call the Doctor. I always feel it's best to hear "that's quite normal" then to hear "why didn't you call when it first occured".
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Kim H.
on 3/24/11 8:50 pm - Duluth, MN
I agree with Tom. My site is a bit painful to the touch, too. My surgery was 2/28. I have a question , too. I have what appears to be a stitch sticking out of one of my laproscopic scars. Have anyone of you experienced this? Should I wait until Wednesday when I see the doc again? It is not painful or anything, just a curious little thing..

~Kim~

Amy B.
on 3/26/11 10:59 am
 I didn't have stitches. I had glue. I'd probably call the doctor on Monday. They may just say to wait, but it may be something they need to see before then.
Mary A.
on 3/25/11 3:28 am
Thank you, Tom - I will do that....
rawkonchic
on 3/27/11 3:40 am - IL
Hey there, I had my surgery on March 4th. Congrats to you. I had pain up until the 14 day mark. The 3rd week, it was so much better. I just waited it out. I think if it does concern you, call. I know my Dr office is great. It can't hurt, right? I can't wait to see you progress, it's great to see people that just had the surgery and what they go thru. Good luck.
Mary A.
on 3/27/11 4:08 am
Thank you so much for your reply - it's really helpful!
Stephanie M.
on 3/27/11 7:24 am
I had quite a bit of swelling around the port incision for a couple of months and then again after my first fill at 3 months out that lasted about 2 weeks.  With the last fill, it only lasted a day or two.

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Mary A.
on 3/27/11 1:15 pm
Thank you!  Did you also have some bulging there? And was it hard to the touch?
Stephanie M.
on 3/28/11 1:37 am
Yes...it does bulge, probably will for a while.  The hardness is probably your port.  I have some scar tissue over my port which feels hard to the touch too.

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Most Active