Total amount to eat with Realize Band

Country
on 3/23/11 2:43 am
Hey Folks,

Sorry to bother you all, but once I can eat a normal solid meal - in 3 more weeks.. :)  - what is the total amount of food I should consume?  I know people say eat appetizer foods, or cut your food in half and pack the rest away for another day.. but is there a max I should focus on?

Thanks am pretty new here, and appreciate any/all advice.

-Country

Tom C.
on 3/23/11 4:01 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Country,

My advice is to ask your Doctor/Nutritionist. They know you, and will be able to guide you correctly.

With that said, in MY case, I was told 4 ounces at a meal. But after a few weeks I noticed I was felt full longer with 6 ounces compared to 4 ounces. When I spoke to my Doctor, he said in his opinion those numbers are guidelines. Some folks get full on 2, some on 4, some on 6, some maybe on 8. As long as I was following ALL the rules, feeling full, and losing weight, then I was ok. Again, please know this was MY DOCTOR talking what was right for ME.  Your may differ, and that’s what is important.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
crystal M.
on 3/23/11 6:56 am - Joliet, IL

Yes I agree with Tom...the reason why is when it comes to things like this every surgeon is different. 

I was told 4-6 oz of protein, 1 cup of veggies, 1/2 cup of fruit (not at every meal just in general).  Some days I will eat all 6 oz and on other days 4 oz is plenty for me.  My restriction changes with day to day.  So I will serve my self 4oz and if I'm still hungry I go back for the rest.  I don't automatically put all 6 oz on my plate because chances are I will eat it.  I also physically measure my food at work and at home.  I have a set of measuring cups and spoons I keep in my desk at work.  The reason I measure...it keeps me honest.  Also once as an experiment I "eye-balled" what I thought was a 1/2 of a cup of cottage cheese...then I took a measuring cup to see how much it actually was...what I thought was a 1/2 of a cup was actually almost a cup.  So to me that showed if I don't measure my food I will end up eating more.   

Country
on 3/23/11 7:11 am
Thank you both for your reply, I have an email into my nutritionist.. and appreciate your guidance.

Have a great day!!

-c

Most Active