Surgery Date

Anna H.
on 3/23/11 5:15 am - Lawrenceville, PA
Hello everyone thought I would introduce myself to all of you. Ive been reading the boards for months and  thought I would be gettng the lapband done but it hasnt worked out that way. I was suppose to have lapband done back in January but found out they were closing the hospital program down that I was going to have it done at. In fact they scheduled their last surgery the day befor I got my approval. Well everything happens for a reason and I feel like Im getting into a better proram now.  I learned more in 2 hrs at my new Drs. office then I had learned in 6 monthes. Wow was I suprised  to get so much info. So now as of Wednesday next week I will begin my new life. I am excited and nervous about this new life and I hope to become this confident person who I feel is hiding inside  this body. Im going to be looking for lots of advice and I hope I can count on all of you to share your thoughts whether you agree with me or not. All advice will be welcomed. I  would like to take a few minutes of your time and tell you a little about me.
I live in a small town on the border of PA and NY. Im actually right on the line if you walk out my front door and cross the street you are in NY.. I have been married to my husband Mike for for 30 yrs and we have 3 kids. I have 3 grandchildren ranging in age from 15 to 3 days old and I love them all with all my heart. I am unable to work due to severe nerve damage in my legs and fibro so it makes it hard for me to get around some days. Im hoping with this surgery it will take stress off my legs and I can walk more. 
I am active with Brittany rescue and I love my dogs We have 3 of our own ranging in age from 5 yrs to 16 yrs old. They have pretty much taken the place of my children since they all live all over the country. Well I guess that is enough for now youll find I like to talk and I hope to make some great friends on here that can understand what I am going to go thru. So if you dont mind wipe off a spot on that losers bench for me and I'll be joining you all shortly
 Have a good day
Anna 
Tom C.
on 3/23/11 7:50 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Anna,

The seat is not only being wipped off, but I am engraving your name on it. Should be ready no later then operation day.

Know we're here for you, and glad you stopped off to say hey!!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Anna H.
on 3/25/11 6:13 am - Lawrenceville, PA
Hi Tom
Just wanted to say thank you for replying. This isnt a very busy board is it? I see the lapband board  goes non stop with postings here its pretty quite. Well you have a good day.
Anna
Tom C.
on 3/25/11 6:30 pm, edited 3/26/11 8:09 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Anna,

I would say this board is steady, but not busy. I like it better that way because I feel posts get lost on a very busy board. But the Lapband board has a lot of information and wonderful people on it.

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
rawkonchic
on 3/27/11 3:55 am - IL
Hi Anna,
Good luck with your new life. I had my surgery on March 4th and i have been looking for great places to visit. If you search for blogs, they do help. I have asked questions on here and the are helpful. Tom is a professional (ha) and has great answers. Stay in touch and ask me anything, i am open book. Good luck
Tina
Anna H.
on 3/27/11 8:36 am - Lawrenceville, PA
Hello Tina
Thank you for replying. I was beginning to feel unwelcomed except for Tom. Almost felt like I was trying to get into the popular group and  wasnt being accepted. LOL I have been lurking on these boards for months reading all I could. The bad along with the good. I feel confident in my decision to do this but still have little meltdowns about the surgery. Today for example I found myself crying in the shower. Wondering what was going to happen to my family and pets if something happened during surgery.I dont know if it is just nerves or what. Im sure I will have a million questions for you and everyone else and I really do look forward to meeting everyone.
Anna
Tom C.
on 3/27/11 10:05 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Anna,

What you are feeling is quite normal. Everyone who has gone into this operation (or any operation) always ask "what if something should happen ...." The likelihood of something happening is remote.

What you need to also remind/ask yourself is "what will happen is you don't have the operation?".

Know we're here to hear you, and we have a million and one answers. So ask away.

Tom

Kim H.
on 3/27/11 10:43 am - Duluth, MN
Sorry if you feel like you were not welcomed. I think I can safely speak for everyone here by saying that is certainly NOT our intent. (Am I right, Banders?) I had/still have a million questions but this is the place to get that support from people who are going thru the same thing you are/will be going thru.
I am so looking forward to my first fill, Wednesday, but, I am a little nervous. I KNOW I need it though because, I am not feeling full after meals yet(I have ONE MORE WEEK on soft foods before transitioning into a maintenance diet.) I do not want to slip back into bad habits, so I am trying to drink, drink, drink between meals. I hope that is the right thing.
Anyway, welcome, and ask away...this group is good at answering questions!
The Losers' Bench awaits !! YAY!!!

~Kim~

Anna H.
on 3/28/11 4:40 am - Lawrenceville, PA
Country
on 3/28/11 3:12 am
Thanks for the introduction, I am pretty new myself.. but it is nice to meet such a sweet person.

Good luck on your journey.. and if I can help in any way, I will.

Take Care,
-Country

Most Active