MY SON JUST TOLD ME...

Amy B.
on 3/19/11 9:49 am
 Mom, you look skinny. 
One day at a time.  
MARIA F.
on 3/19/11 10:25 am - Athens, GA

It's awesome isn't it! My daughter said "My skinny Mommy". :-)

FormerlyFluffy.com

Tom C.
on 3/19/11 8:05 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
 What wonderful words to hear!! 

CONGRATS !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Kim H.
on 3/20/11 5:28 pm - Duluth, MN
My son has NEVER seen me any lower than I am right now (and I just started!)I am planning to lose 30 more pounds). My granddaughter said to me one day before my surgery (she is 8)"Gramma, Daddy told me you were gonna have surgery on your tummy so you can get skinny". I immediately thought, oh my gosh, she is 8..I do not want her to think you have to be "skinny"(the epidemic of little girls thinking they are "fat")to be popular, so I said to her.."well I will get "skinnier" but I will also be HEALTHIER so I can play better with you and take walks with you, and be a more fun Gramma." She said, "that will be so nice, Gramma!" Think I said the right thing? Opinions welcome.
By the way, doesn't it feel great when people notice!?

~Kim~

Tom C.
on 3/20/11 10:08 pm, edited 3/20/11 10:58 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

Kim

You said the exact words, and I am going to steal them. We should not go into these procedures thinking about losing weight, but getting healthier!! THAT SHOULD BE THE GOAL!!

The reason some folks get disappointed with bariatric surgery is because they are numbers obsessed. They don’t embrace being off all their meds, and living a healthier life is more important than those numbers.

Recently I lost two relatives who had bariatric surgery many years ago. They both lost all their weight, but were never really healthy. They didn’t follow the rules that were expected, and also fell into transfer addictions (which is another post in itself).

So new idea, instead of being concerned about “numbers", make your goal to be healthy (getting off all meds, being able to run, being able to swim, dancing, etc). Only you can decide what that goal should be.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Kim H.
on 3/21/11 1:29 am - Duluth, MN
Thank you Tom for validating me. I do want to clarify that Kevin most likely didn't use those exact words to tell Lexie about why I would be eating really tiny meals, but that is how she at age 8 processed it. He is a great Daddy!
I AM number obsessed...That is why I do not own a scale and only weigh at my doctor or nutritionist appointments. I am less obsessed now than I was before the surgery became an option for me.

~Kim~

Most Active