Pureed foods

Amy B.
on 3/4/11 7:52 pm
 I am 1/2 weeks out and I found in the produce section at my grocery store they have blended fruits in little 3 oz. pouches. They're called Buddy Fruits and are perfect because you can eat them on the go!
Denise R.
on 3/5/11 12:26 am - Manchester, NH
Congratulations.

I so looked forward to eating at this point. I started with chicken that I poached and then put in the food processor to grind up. I mixed it with mashed potatoes or mashed squash or mashed sweet potatoe and a little milk with regular potatoes or fat free jar gravy. This made it soft. I had no problem except I had to measure, measure, measure everything and still do. I need to be careful about portion control and I'm 3-months out. I take 20 minutes to eat (I actually watch the clock to make sure I take this long) and I won't feel how full I am for another 10 to 15 minutes. So be careful with timeing. Go slow and you'll be fine. I remember my first scrambled egg. You would have though I had died and gone to heaven it was so good after 2 weeks of pre-op liquid diet and 2 weeks post-op liquids.

Its a learning process and just go slow, slow, slow. Enjoy.

Denise

missymisconduct
on 3/5/11 1:39 am - NY
I too have just begun doing creamy liquids. Creamy chicken soup, cream of wheat etc...But most importantly I get my 64oz of water and my protein in.

streammary
on 3/5/11 11:58 am - TX
REALIZE Band on 02/24/11 with
Thanks for all the great postings, I called my doctors office this past week and she didn't put any saline in the band it was just to put in place and let the healing begin. according to my paper work it does mention if I'm up to it to go on to pureed  foods as to which I did and no problem. So now I'm on the puree for a wee****il Friday(11th) and then it's on to soft foods and actually I have a 2 week check up on that day. The only thing I find hard for puree is food for breakfast, I've been having yogurt and I just bought some cream of wheat. I'm glad to see so many other people in the same week either before or after, just nice to see how other people are doing also. And I know I just can't wait for that time either to go onto soft food just to be able to chew again. I will be getting my first fill after 4 weeks from surgery, this way I start to get used to having the band and pratice without any issues at least I haven't pushed it.

Tom C.
on 3/8/11 5:27 pm, edited 3/8/11 8:38 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Great News Kim!!! Happy to hear you're onto the next stage. Make sure you keep informed how you're doing!! Keep rocking the band.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Kim H.
on 3/8/11 3:50 am - Duluth, MN
I have been given the OK to progress to pureed foods...a week early. The PA at my surgeon's office said, kinda what I had figured, that because of the liquid diet for [now] 3 weeks there was nothing in my "innards" to stop food from going right thru me , out thru the colostomy. And since I was tolerating the liquid diet, I could progress. It feels SO good to feel like "NOW this was worth it and NOT a mistake(the surgery), because I actually got the feeling I had eaten enough, even though it was only 1/4 c each of mashed potatoes and pureed canned pears. But, man it tasted GOOD!! lol Thanks, all, for your support and answers and "cheering me on!"

~Kim~

Most Active