2 days out

Kim H.
on 3/2/11 3:11 am - Duluth, MN
I did really well yesterday after I got over the nausea and vomitting (only happened once, so now I am avoiding the pin meds -Lortab). Can only eat 4 to 6 oz of my 8 oz liquid meals, but I am sure that is because of my new stomach size, right? I am so pleased to be doing so well so quickly. God is GOOD! Have a Happy Wednesday, everyone!

~Kim~

Tom C.
on 3/2/11 7:46 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Thanks for sharing Kim!!! Keep going kiddo!!!!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Kim H.
on 3/2/11 9:42 am - Duluth, MN
I did talk to the dietitian about not being able to eat my whole 8 oz of liquid meals. She said that was ok THIS week, but starting next week I should be able to. And this week she said QUALITY was better than QUANTITY. I am supposed to just make the liquid meals 6 oz size, but use the SAME amount of protein.

~Kim~

Amy B.
on 3/4/11 8:06 pm
 She's right. I had my surgery 6 days before you did and the first few days were brutal, but now I am doing much better. You will be able to get your protein in very shortly. Good luck!
streammary
on 3/2/11 10:59 am - TX
REALIZE Band on 02/24/11 with
Kim,

Congradulations!!! Welcome to the Losers Bench  I'm glad to hear that you are doing well, do you think it was the meds that made you nausea? I know that tomorrow(Thursday) I could go onto pureed foods. I haven't had any problems and hopefully you won't either going forward. I could remember after the first couple of days their wasn't  that much that I was able to take either I figured do to swelling and what my stomach had just gone thourgh. Oh I do know one issue that I had diffuculty with was taking deep breathes and holding my breathe to get my lungs back.

Kim H.
on 3/2/11 2:06 pm - Duluth, MN
I do think it was the pain meds that made me sick, yes. Tonight was a really scary thing: I was in SOOO much pain, from avoiding the pain meds that I finally HAD to take some (I have not gotten nauseated though this time so I am happy about that.) I was also really really hungry, so I guess that the smaller meals did make a difference. So I HAD to make a protein drink (4 oz) and I drank that and felt WAY better! Taking deep breaths does hurt. (So does burping and coughing). I am honored to be on the Losers' Bench with all of you. Thanks for all your support, you guys!

~Kim~

Most Active