I CAN FEEL MY PORT - IS THAT NORMAL?

vbhottie2b
on 3/1/11 1:50 pm - VA
I am 11 weeks post-op, and can feel my port.   I have a very large hard spot on my stomach, which hurts all the time.  I cannot do sit ups, and cannot get out of bed normal, I must roll out of bed on my side.  The ache is constant, whether I'm standing or sitting.  Is this normal?
Tom C.
on 3/1/11 4:54 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

I guess it depends on the Doctor, but most ports are on your "side" and not on the stomach. You may be feeling something else (like a strained muscle).

In case like this, my advice is always CALL YOUR DOCTOR. It's best to hear "that's quite normal" then to hear, "why didn't you call us when this first occurred".

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
CROSS6901
on 3/2/11 7:16 am
I am six months post op from getting the Realize band and my port is slightly above my belly button on the left.  As I continue to lose weight I can feel the port if I push around on my stomach.  However, it does not hurt and has not hindered my getting out of bed or even working out at the gym.  In fact, I asked my doctor if it was okay to do abodomen exercises and she said absolutely.  I agree with Tom C. - best to call your doctor.  Take care!
Carla
WASaBubbleButt
on 3/8/11 4:45 am - Mexico
This early out I'll bet you are feeling scar tissue. Does it feel like a little golf ball? Bet'cha that it goes away in a couple of months.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Most Active