I AM OVERWEIGHT!!!

Tom C.
on 2/27/11 9:28 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

Which may seem like a strange post, but for someone who over 3 years ago was considered Super Morbidly Obese (which sounds like a Marvel Superhero) I am proud to declare I am now OVERWEIGHT!!!

I weighed myself today, and I am down to 228. OMFG!! I think the last time I seen that was .. hmmmm .. birth ?!?!?!?

To think that I started at 435 pounds, and now I am 8 pounds away my self-imposed goal of 220 is mind-boggling. Also thinking that all last year I “knew what I was doing" was actually doing a disservice to me. This January I decided to become refocused, get back to basics, up my exercise, and try to make 220 by the end of the year. I have a feeling I may do it – with God’s help (of course).

I need to thank EVERYONE who has been with me on this journey, and has given me love, support, advice and that greatly needed swift kick in my (_______x_______). I know I couldn’t have done it without you all!!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
streammary
on 2/27/11 10:25 pm - TX
REALIZE Band on 02/24/11 with
Tom,

Congradulations on those 8 lbs.!!!! 8 lbs is 8 lbs. I know that I'm new on the losers bench. I know that it feels great that each time that I step on the scale and see a lose that is a postive and keeps the drive going. This was the way I was feeling pre-op and losing and now I'm getting my daily walking in to get myself going again.

To have a starting point that you had started at and you are now down to 228 that is wonderful!!! Every now and then we do need a swift kick to get us going again and thankfully that we have a wonderful support here with everyone and with God standing beside us guiding us. This is why we are all here is to support each other and give a helping hand or foot when needed, I know you have been there supporting me during the pre-op and during the post -op and I notice how you support alot of others. So I would like to say Thanks!! and I just want to let you know that I'm here to support you!!

carriesb
on 2/28/11 12:17 pm
So cool! I can't wait to say I'm overweight.
Kim H.
on 3/2/11 2:18 pm - Duluth, MN
Tom that is WONDERFUL!! I am so happy for you. I know just the change in the vocabulary used to describe oneself can be a very good motivator and mood booster! So no, Tom , to declare yourself overweight is not strange, it is great! I am proud of you! I am sure we all are. I appreciate all the answers you give on here, not just to MY questions but to so many of us. I am happy to celebrate this milestone with you!!

~Kim~

Denise R.
on 3/5/11 12:58 am - Manchester, NH
Congratulations Tom,

I was just at my surgeons and he declared me officially overweight from morbid obese that is a wonderful declaration. Some look at me funny when I say it but then they think about it and they get what an important step it is. I am so very happy for you.

Enjoy it.

Denise

Tom C.
on 3/6/11 1:24 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Denise,

CONGRATS and welcome the OVERWEIGHT CLUB!!! And as David Bowie would say, LET'S DANCE!!!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active