I need a pep talk/advice/whatever

Arlene F.
on 2/25/11 12:51 am
I have had my band for 1 year and a couple months.  I have lost 40 pounds and am VERY happy about it.
However, in November my mom got sick for a month, then she died right before Christmas.
Since then I have been taking care of my dad and not taking very good care of myself.
I eat everything...including candy, cookies AND bread.  I choke up/vomit the stuff that gets stuck and don't learn from that.
I feel I am on a downward spiral and can't seem to crawl back up.  I look at my protein powder and tell myself to get back on track and start drinking shakes again but DON''T. 
I loved the weight loss but can't seem to motivate myself.
I cancelled my last appt with the WL doctor cause I knew I couldn't handle the fill (cause of my regurgitation) so i rescheduled for next week.  My mind still isn't motivated to get on track and be accountable.
Any words of wisdom....motivational anything...frying pan to the back of my head to wake me up and use this tool effectively....
Thanks

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w5q5YtQ/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w5q5YtQ/weight.png">>

Tom C.
on 2/25/11 3:24 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Ok here is the toughest love you will get .. Yesterday is over and done with. There is nothing we can do about it. Tomorrow is NOW, and it’s time to get yourself back on track.

First – remember this isn’t a diet plan; it’s a way of life. So slips, stumbles and falls will occur. What we do when this happens is truly important. You need to get yourself up, dust yourself off, and get yourself to continue down the road to success.

What you first need to do is ask yourself “Where did I come from" .. then ask yourself “Why did I do this operation" – basically the answer is because it’s a last resort.

GET BACK TO THE BASICS !! I tell everyone that. Pretend today was day one of the operation and go back to a strict liquid diet. Do this for a few days (maybe a week), then go onto the next stage of soft food then finally regular food. What you are doing it is detoxing your body of the sugars and bad carbs. When you find yourself hungry – eat .. but SENSIBLE foods. Make sure you also follow all the rules.

You need to realize you are stronger than you give yourself credit for, and any craving. It took strength to admit you have a problem you can’t control. It took strength to decide to have an operation. It took strength to do what was needed before and after the operation. It NOW took strength to say “I need help" .. So you have the strength, you just need to call on it.

I admire you for taking care of your parents. I know first handily. I will tell you something that a nurse once told me. Your parents lived a good life, and you NEED to TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF FIRST. Being sick (unhealthy) will do THEM NO GOOD. The analogy she told me was, “If you ever flown, the first thing you’re taught is ‘In case of emergency but the breathing bag around your mouth FIRST then help your child/person next to you’. The reason they tell you this, isn’t because of being selfish, but if you’re not of right thinking or pass out – you’re no good to those around you". A hero is a person who knows how to take care of themselves FIRST, then PROTECT those *****ly on them.

Know I am here if you need.

Good luck !!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Arlene F.
on 2/25/11 3:50 am
Thanks Tom....
I will get the protein powder out and instead of looking at it...start mixing it up and drinking it.
I do have to think about ME....and I will...
I am also going to go to the next support group meeting at the Barix...
I think I need to hear about some successing....

I read your words of wisdom and will heed them accordingly.

Arlene

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w5q5YtQ/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w5q5YtQ/weight.png">>

Kim H.
on 2/25/11 11:21 pm - Duluth, MN
I agree a support group sounds like a good idea. I keep coming back to something people used to say to me when I got divorced a LONG time ago..If you do not take care of YOU, you will not be able to take care of anyone else. It is your turn...Take care of yourself. I will pray things get better!! Let us know...ALL care about you!

~Kim~

Most Active