hello...all

rawkonchic
on 2/23/11 10:52 am - IL
Congrats on your surgery tomorrow, i am sure everything will be fine. It's hard but worth it. i just think about everything with bread but i think i just read too much into and i know it will depend on the person. I can't wait to see how the surgry turns out for you and your updates. stay in touch.
Kim H.
on 2/23/11 1:43 pm - Duluth, MN
Good luck! God bless!

~Kim~

Tom C.
on 2/23/11 6:01 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Streammary,

By the time you read this, you'll  officially be sitting on the Loser' Bench in our Winner's Circle!!! CONGRATS!!! 

Make sure you post how the experience went, it will be invaluable to one and all.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Kim H.
on 2/24/11 2:23 am - Duluth, MN
Just got "the call" from the hospital. My surgery is on Monday AM at 9 o'clock AM. Must be there by 7. I am not so nervous about the surgery itself, but I am a bit nervous for what is to come after the band is in place...can not wait to sit on that losers' bench with the rest of you wonderful folks! Your posts have truly been a godsend to me!

~Kim~

Tom C.
on 2/24/11 6:25 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Kim,

While you won't need it, wishing you all the best of luck come Monday. No need to be nervous, unless you're doing the operation on yourself? If not, then the skilled Doctor will have you in and out in no time.

I am putting the last finishing touches on your seat, and the varish should be dry at 9:01 a.m. Monday - so get ready to sit down!!

Make sure you let us know how things turn out.

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
streammary
on 2/24/11 11:26 pm - TX
REALIZE Band on 02/24/11 with
Yea, I'm now on the Loser's Bench!!!! 

Well, yesterday I was little bit nervous for the first time but my husband kept me talking to hime and keeping me thinking of other stuff going on to help me keeping me relaxed. Got to the hospitol at 8 and surgery schedule for 10, as soon as going in the back it was busy all the nurses and the IV doctor were wonderful!! And the post-op was just as wonderful the recovery nurse was just as wonderful as the pre-op nurses. they gave me some ice water and to make sure that I was able to keep that down then they offered me juice, which I had apple juice a totally of 8 oz. I know they just wanted to make sure that I could drink. So now here it goes with all my walking and soon going back to the gym when I get clearance from my doctor, I will be seeing this weight start to melt off. And be able to matain it and NO MORE ROLLER COASTER!!!!!    

Tom C.
on 2/24/11 11:39 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
HIP HIP HOORAY !!! Glad to see you on the bench, and an official welcome to our Ever Increasing Constantly Decreasing family!!

Tom

CROSS6901
on 2/24/11 6:16 am
Hi... I am six months post op with the Realize band.  I haven't had one problem - knock on wood.  I am however an A type person so I have followed all the orders from the doc to the dietitian.  To date I am down 60 pounds and am just a few pounds away from being considered overweight as opposed to being considered obese on the BMI chart.  I have had a fill every month for the past few months and am currently at 10cc's and I can still eat anything I want... luckily I have chosen to "test the boundary" only a few times but haven't had any problems with bread, pasta, rice.  Good luck to you on your journey and congratulations on taking the steps towards giving yourself the gift of health.
Carla
rawkonchic
on 2/24/11 6:47 am - IL
This is great to hear. It really does help to see that other people are doing great on it. I know, like i said before, it depends on the person. I have done good on the pre-opt diet, it's just hard....but i am losing more wait. Congrats on your progress. Thanks for replying.
Most Active