band issue

hart1222
on 2/17/11 5:20 am
at christmas i had to have all my fluid taken out but my question is has anyone felt like your band slipped?  when i had restriction seems like my food would feel as though it was stuck like right in the back of my throat now it feels like it passes further before i get that passing through the band feeling.
Hislady
on 2/17/11 5:32 am - Vancouver, WA
From what I understand a slipped band is very painful and you would probably know something was wrong. It sounds like you were just too tight before, which I assume is why you were unfilled. Just go nice and slow with the refill process and stop getting fills before it feels that tight again.Good luck to you!
skullgirdle
on 2/23/11 6:12 am - Denton, TX
I am about to find out in a couple of weeks what is going on with me.  I have some pretty severe esophageal pain that causes my chest (sternum - not heart) to hurt for days at a time.  I also have what I would call light pain in my stoma with some frequency which does not seem to matter if it is empty, full or in-between.  The only consistency is that certain foods get stuck for me very easily, like in 3 bites, and the "sticking" lasts for up to an hour and a half and that the first bite of food I have always causes pain when it gets to my stoma.  All of this could be referred though which is why I am going under the fluoroscope.

My doctor's office doesn't seem to care too much about it so I'm guessing those symptoms mean there is nothing wrong.  An RN friend of mine seemed alarmed when I described my problems so I hope there is something they can do for me regardless.

Does it hurt when the food gets stuck?  Also did it come on suddenly?  Like one day you had absolutely zero pain and the next things started getting stuck? 
Most Active