HELP!!

brnsugar91
on 2/20/11 5:46 am
Tom,

Thanks a bunch. I have gotten my Whey from Vitamin World which sales Precision Engineered brand and I get the deluxe chocolate flavor. It has the following for one scoop of powder

100 calories
2.25 gms Fat
2 gms Carbs
18 gms Protein

I sometimes use it as a meal replacement and use two scoops of the powder along with 8 ounces of fat free milk.

Thank you again for being there.

rich_in_nfpa
on 2/21/11 6:31 am - New Freedom, PA
I'm really partial to the Syntrax Whey Protein Isolates -- I was given a sample by my nutritionist. I mix 1 scoop with 8 ounces of skim milk. Google for Syntrax sample packs to try most of their flavors. My favorite flavors are Chocolate Truffle, Twisted Cherry and Vanilla Bean Torte. Sometimes I add fresh blackberries to the skim milk and Vanilla Bean Torte in a blender for a delicious high-fiber smoothie.

The nutritional breakdown for the Chocolate Truffle (1 ounce/1 scoop) is:
100 calories
5 mg cholesterol
190 mg sodium
190 mg potassium
1 g total carbohydrate
1 g fiber
23 g protein
15 % calcium
8% magnesium
10% phosphorus
any nutrient not listed is either zero or not provided on the label.

HTH
Rich -- "One Day at a Time, One Pound at a Time"
(Start: 292.6 / surgery weight: 265.0 / current: 205.6 / goal: 175.0)
brnsugar91
on 2/23/11 2:47 am
I am going to look up the Synthrax sample packets to try. Can you tell me what it meant by Protein Isolates as opposed to 100% Whey Protein? Thanks in advance.

rich_in_nfpa
on 2/26/11 2:33 am - New Freedom, PA
I was told by my nutritionist to look for protein isolates rather than protein concentrates. It didn't matter whether is was whey protein isolate or soy protein isolate -- just that it be an isolate. She said it was "better" -- purer, more complete, etc. I've since read that isolates and concentrates are not all that different but I've always stuck with my nutritionist's advice.

You can Google "protein isolate vs protein concentrate" to learn more (and possibly get totally confused -- ah, the joys of the Internet!).

HTH
Rich -- "One Day at a Time, One Pound at a Time"
(Start: 292.6 / surgery weight: 265.0 / current: 205.6 / goal: 175.0)
Most Active