To fill or not to fill.? That is the question.

CROSS6901
on 2/15/11 2:58 am
I got the Realize band on August 16, 2010 and have lost a total of 59 pounds to date.  YEAH!

I have keep every appointment with my doctor and have had several fills and am currently at 9.5 cc.  Although I have found a couple of things difficult to get down in the morning... like nuts... I can pretty much eat anything I want from the lunch through dinnertime and unfortunately in any amounts.  I, obviously, haven't pushed it too much (or I won't be still be losing) but I don't think I am at that "sweet spot".  I have another appointment with my doctor tomorrow and am trying to decide whether to go for another .5 cc or not.  My concern is that my doctor has told me that if the band gets too tight that she will have to remove alot of the fluid.

Seems like there should be a way of knowing if you are close to hitting that "sweet spot" before going to far.  Anyone with ideas?
Carla
crystal M.
on 2/15/11 5:03 am - Joliet, IL
Hello

I don't know if I'm at the ever elusive "sweet spot" but I can go long periods of time without being hungry.  There are certain foods I can't eat because my band won't tolerate it...pasta, bread...anything doughy like pizza crust.  Which is a good thing because I eat low carb now and don't even try.  I am limited to much smaller portions than I was before...but I can still eat way too much if I allow myself (although it is much easier to stop myself from eating too much).  There's where I have my complaint.  I would like it if I felt satisfied with less food.  I have 9.9 ccs in my band.  

Once you get as much saline in your band as we do you do have to be a little more conservative.  Just .2 cc's can make a big difference.  I was too tight once and it wasn't very pleasant at all.  I threw up everything I ate and pretty soon water and saliva wouldn't stay down.  But one thing I will say that contradicts your doctor is that you don't necessarily NEED a total unfill to fix being too tight.  When I was too tight my doctor put in .4 ccs and that was too tight.  When I went in he took out .2 ccs and I was perfectly fine.  It was like night and day.  So there was no need for me to be totally unfilled.  This happened last February (almost exactly a year ago) and I haven't had any issues since. 

My advice is to get half of the fill you want.  Get .25 ccs.  See how that goes.  Good luck
CROSS6901
on 2/15/11 5:11 am
Great advice.  Thanks! 
Carla
Most Active