Successful Realize Band People

Denise R.
on 2/8/11 12:34 am - Manchester, NH
I am 9 weeks post op and have lost 20 pounds since surgery and 48 pre-and post-op. I'd love to hear some positive posts. It scares me I so want to lose another 50 pounds and I am following the rules and exercising. Are there some successes to connect with. I hope to hear from you.

Tom C.
on 2/8/11 4:05 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Hill_Star
on 2/9/11 2:21 pm
 All I can say is...if you want it bad enough...you'll lose it. I had my surgery March 1st 2010 and is a day that I'll never forget. The band has save my life. As of today I have lost 168 pounds and still losing. I've not been this happy in years. Good luck with yours and wish you nothing but the best!
MaMa_M
on 2/9/11 9:07 pm - MI
I received my band a year and a half ago and have lost 88 lbs...still losing although very slowly. My blood pressure and sugar are at normal levels and I can do things today I couldn't do a year ago without having to stop and catch my breath. I look forward to life and know that I will be around for a long time to come. I have a lot of living left to do and I plan to enjoy it...ALL THANKS TO MY BAND and MY WILL TO LIVE! Yup, it is the tool I needed to get myself thinking about what I eat and how I move my body.
MaMa M

rudyscoot
on 2/10/11 11:56 am - East Brunswick, NJ
I am 2 weeks post-op and have lost 10 pounds.  I read some of the negative posts about the Realize Band and am wondering what those people are doing wrong.  This was something I researched for a long time before taking this step.  I decided on the Realize Band with my doctor's help.  This is truly to be used as a tool.  And even though I am missing the pizza, I'm not the least bit sorry I had the surgery.  It really bothered me reading the negative posts.  This surgery has given me a new attitude.  I was sooo happy when I got into my one size smaller jeans already.  If it takes me a year to get to a comfortable weight, then so be it.  I'm not even looking to set a goal weight.  When I get there, I'll know.  We have all taken a risk having weight loss surgery.  We'd be stupid if we didn't think about the risks (band slippage, leakage or what ever).  I'm focusing on the positive and am excited to be on this journey. 
Kim H.
on 2/17/11 1:25 am - Duluth, MN
I am on day 5 of my pre op diet, and have lost almost 6 pounds! I agree completely with what ridyscoot posted above, although I have not yet had surgery. You need to have a positive attitude and a willingness to do the "work" if you want the Band (or ANY WLS?) to be successful. Negative posts do nothing but discourage me. But, I REFUSE to get discouraged already...this was also the choice of surgeries the doctor and I agreed on. I am excited to see what is ahead for the rest of my life! When I went on the pre op diet on Monday AM, I said..."this is the first day of the rest of my life"..because I KNOW I will never be able to eat the way I did before. Thank you all for your encouragement! Happy "journeying"!

~Kim~

Denise R.
on 2/10/11 1:45 pm - Manchester, NH
Thank you all so much. I am feeling better now hearing from all of you and your journeys. I'm 60 days post-op and I have lost "50 pounds" today. I am going to celebrate by going to the gym. I'm realizing that the gym is the most important part of my journey if I don't go the weight just kind of sits there and doesn't move much, but go to the gym and the pounds drop off. I feel so much better. My doctor has discontinued all my BP drugs, Cholesterol drugs and even the pressure on my c-pap has gone down 4 points. My surgeon is predicting I could be off c-pap in another few months. I am doing the happy dance ********Thank you all.

Denise

Tom C.
on 2/17/11 6:37 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Denise,

You're such a LOSER, and isn't it GREAT ?!??! CONGRATS, and keep it going !!

Can I dance with you??? I'm a great break dance!!! When I dance I usually break a table, chair, couch ..

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Denise R.
on 2/19/11 4:51 am - Manchester, NH
I welcome the dance and I am sure there is no breaking of tables, chairs, etc. I love all the support you give us.

Last week was really rough nothing seemed to agree with me. I went on liquids for a day to settle my stomach and then added solids back in small 1/2 cup amounts and I am feeling so much better. I am now up to 3/4 cup and holding there. I have a snack between meals. I think I might have to eat smaller meals but more frequently. I see the doctor and dietitions in 10 days and will go over this with them.

Thank you and keep on dancing

Tom C.
on 2/19/11 10:55 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Glad to see you’re going to talk to your Doctor and/or Nutritionist. Ask them about smaller, more frequent meals.

In the meantime, eat small portions (always ask “would I give this to a baby); chew-chew-chew-chew at least 30 times before swallowing; wait 30 seconds before you swallow and put another piece of food in your mouth; stop when you feel full (not stuffed). Make sure your snack is protein enriched. And remember we’re all here for you.

And as David Bowie would say “LET’S DANCE .. PUT ON YOUR RED SHOES AND DANCE THE BLUES …."

Tom

Most Active