Realize Band? Lap Band? BEWARE!!!

MARIA F.
on 2/6/11 3:10 am - Athens, GA

Lap Band and Realize Band………..DO YOUR RESEARCH!!!

After being one of the few that’s been sucessful with her Lap Band, Lynn developed some serious Lap Band complications. Lynn has since had a WLS revision and is doing great with her VSG!!!

Remember…………….Think twice, cut ONCE!

Do Your Research

I always say “Do your research" and I always get the response…."I have". Bull****

If any halfway intelligent person did real research on having an adjustable gastric band put in at this point in time would not have it done. The stats are horrendous….even the maker of the band knows this.

“with 3-year follow-up reported, 88% of the 299 patients had one or more adverse events, ranging from mild, moderate, to severe. Nausea and vomiting (51%), gastroesophageal reflux (regurgitation) (34%), band slippage/pouch dilatation (24%) and stoma obstruction (stomach-band outlet blockage) (14%) were the most common post-operative complications. In the study, 25% of the patients had their gastric banding systems removed, two-thirds of which were following adverse events. Esophageal dilatation or dysmotility (poor esophageal function****urred in 11% of patients, the long-term effects of which are currently unknown."

You’ll have people say “Oh reflux isn’t a complication" tell that to the people that now have Barrett’s Esophagus. The band maker is claiming 1 in 4 people have the band removed – ONE IN FOUR – people wake up. That is huge and conservative.

A third of patients had undergone reoperation after five years, increasing to 53% at 10 years. The incidence of band removal increased from 0.5% at one year to 11% at five years and 35% at 10 years. Conversion to Roux-en-Y gastric bypass accounted for half of all reoperations, according to one AMSBS report.

To read the rest go to my blog: FormerlyFluffy.com

FormerlyFluffy.com

Most Active