Gaining and Worried

trying2findmyself
on 2/2/11 9:50 pm - Allen, OK
Hello OH Friends,
I go back to the Dr February 17th and I have actually gained about 7 pounds over the last 3 months. I know I have been eating things I shouldn't and slacking on my exercise. I still look good but don't want to screw things up. I have the realize band and worry if I could have damaged it in any way.My Dr. has been so proud of all my success in the past and I really don't want to let him down. My Husband encourages me to eat more because he thinks I have lost to much already. So that doesn't help matters none. I think I am going to try the liquid phase and see if I can get hold of this before it is to late. I have come such a  long way to let it go now. I am better than that! I knew I could get support, advise and caring from this post so any ideas or advise would be greatly appreciated.
Your OH Friend,
Stacy

Vivian Prouty
on 2/2/11 9:57 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Stacy......you look WONDERFUL !!!!   Take hold of that re-gain till it gets bigger.   You are very wise to do this.   Go back to your basics and do what you did to loose the weight.   Keep on top of your weight and don't let it creep back on.   Congrats on your much success !!!!  Good luck with re-losing that 7 lbs.     

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

trying2findmyself
on 2/2/11 10:08 pm - Allen, OK
Thanks Vivian,
I am trying so hard to think positive and just do this if not for anyone but Myself:)
Vivian Prouty
on 2/2/11 10:31 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Stacy.....I have found that the best person to lose the weight for is for ourselves.   You have done amazing !!!!  You will get that 7 lbs. off....I just know it.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

barrettk
on 2/2/11 10:21 pm - Manassas, VA
REALIZE Band on 02/03/10 with
Stacy,
You look amazing and are an inspiration.  You're at where I want to be.  I have a friend who has had the band for a few years now and she said that she fluctuates up and down about 5 pounds.  I think what is happening to you is completely normal.  Even folks without the band go through it.  For my friend, she knows that she needs to exercise to keep off that 5 pounds and needs to cut back on the ice cream.  Everyone is different.  But I think that we will always have to deal with small gains every now and then, and work to get back to where we want.
Great work!
Kris

Current fill in 11cc band is 10.4ccs.
Tom C.
on 2/3/11 8:47 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

There is nothing we can do about it. Tomorrow is NOW, and it’s time to get yourself back on track.

First – remember this isn’t a diet plan; it’s a way of life. So slips, stumbles and falls will occur. What we do when this happens is truly important. You need to get yourself up, dust yourself off, and get yourself to continue down the road to success.

What you first need to do is ask yourself “Where did I come from" .. then ask yourself “Why did I do this operation" – basically the answer is because it’s a last resort.

You need to realize you are stronger than any craving or any food. It took strength to admit you have a problem you can’t control. It took strength to decide to have an operation. It took strength to do what was needed before and after the operation. It took strength to say “I need help" .. So you have the strength, now you need to call on it.

GET BACK TO THE BASICS !! I tell everyone that. Pretend today was day one of the operation and go back to a strict liquid diet. Do this for a few days (maybe a week), then go onto the next stage of soft food then finally regular food. What you are doing it is detoxing your body of the sugars and bad carbs. When you find yourself hungry – eat .. but SENSIBLE foods. Make sure you also follow all the rules.

You need to go back and follow the rules that made you successful. You need to have the 64 ounces of NON-CARBONATE/DECAFFEINATED liquid. You need to have your 60 to 80 grams of protein. You need to make sure you don’t drink 30 minutes before/after or during your meal. 

I practice what I preach. Between Thanksgiving and New Year I was off my game. I ate things I shouldn't have, and gained weight. How much, I have no idea. But I know my pants where "loose" pants were tight, and my goal pants (pants 1 size smaller) wouldn't even go around me. So Jan 1 I went back to the basics. I am happy to say I not only lost all the weight I gained PLUS. I am now at my lowest EVER, and I am continue to lose. I am on such a high. But this post isn't about me.

What you need to remember is they put the band around your stomach, and not around your brain. You will need to use some self control when it comes to food. If you are hungry stop and ask yourself is this real hunger or head hunger. Asking that alone will probably be an indication it’s head hunger, so you know what to do. Get busy doing something else. If that doesn’t work, EAT – but SOMETHING HEALTHY. Have some salad; vegetables, PROTEIN, etc.

You need to get to support groups. Look on line to find ones around you. You need to discuss this with your Doctor. That’s why he’s there. If you feel you’re not getting the support from him, then you need to go to another Doctor. Remember you are the client/consumer. If you’re paying for a service, you want the best service for that money. If not, move on. You are worth THE BEST because YOU ARE THE BEST !!

You also need to speak to a Nutritionist. Many insurance companies allow you to see one X amount of times per year. Contact your insurance company. Go and speak to the person who did your psych exam, or see someone new. Again, insurance should be able to cover it. Maybe not the person you originally saw, but someone in your plan.

REMEMBER what it took to make you successful. YOU CAN DO IT !! And know I am here if you need me.

Now – get off your a55 –  and (sorry Nike) JUST DO IT !!

And know I am here for you.

PS. I agree that (in my best Billy Crystal voice) "YOU LOOK MARVELOUS"

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active