It's my 1 year surgiversity!

Considering_It
on 2/2/11 6:17 am
I can't believe how fast this year went and I remember my hospital experience and recovery vividly...like it was yesterday!

It's been a challenging year of learning how to eat, living with the band, and accepting that I won't be a lapband rock star inregards to weight loss this year...there's always hope for the next.  I take each day and making the best of it.  I haven't been around for awhile because although I'm happy for the people this surgery works for, I just don't feel like I'm one of them and it's hard to relate at times. I've kept my doctor appointments, had my fills,  met with dieticians, and excercised and tried to make this work. It was my choice to have the band instead of the RNY as recommended by the surgeons I consulted with, and I fully accept that less than stellar results is where I'm at today.  I'm also glad that very few people IRL know about my band surgery as I would probably be feeling like a complete failure instead of looking at where I'm at (weighwise) and accepting  that this is where I'm at.

That said, I don't regret this surgery. I weigh less than  when I started, however am nowhere where I had hoped to be.  If I were to go for a revision , which I am  not, I'm glad I tried this. 
barrettk
on 2/2/11 10:28 pm - Manassas, VA
REALIZE Band on 02/03/10 with
Happy Belated Bandiversity!  I hope you have more success from here on out.  A friend of mine lost no weight in her first year, but lost a lot the 2nd.  So don't give up hope yet.  Everybody is different.  Good Luck,
Kris

Current fill in 11cc band is 10.4ccs.
kimhoke
on 2/3/11 4:24 am
I agree with you and feel like a failure as well.  I'm thinking about a revision because I can't eat but am not losing any weight.  This was a mistake.
Tom C.
on 2/3/11 8:51 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Happy Bandivesary MY FRIEND!! I can't believe how fast time flew by.

I am soooo proud of your accomplishment (so far). And remember we have a life time to hit our goals. No where does it state you will lose all the weight in X time. Slow and steady wins the race!!

Please know I will always be here for you.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Considering_It
on 2/4/11 9:39 pm
Thanks for the repies, and special thanks to Tom for his positivity :)

I have not lost hope, as I know that there is a 3 yr window where anything is possible with weight loss.
Hopefully, my "window" is just stuck, and not nailed shut! LOL

Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 2/6/11 1:04 pm - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22

Happy bandiversary,   Congrats on your success so far.  Just remember that this is not a race and if we take it one day at a time we can all reach our goals.  I am thankful that with the band we don't have that 3 yr window like all the other surgery have. 

Wendy  

1st fill 4cc,  2nd fill 1.5cc  3rd fill 1.5cc 4th fill .5   Total 7.5 cc  in my 11cc Realize Band.

Reached 1st goal weight 158 on 6/8/10, My Starting weight 235  
                                               Hit final goal of 145  10/25/10 

Current weight 143  
                                If you work the band the band will work for you.

Most Active