port question-important

Melanie Short
on 1/30/11 8:55 am - Hamilton, OH
I have a question about my port. A few days ago I coughed/sneezed really big and I had a pain shoot across my stomach, since then I have had a uncomfortable feeling around my port site. It seems when I eat the uncomfortable feeling gets worse. Has this happened to anyone else? I am just worried that maybe I displaced the port, or maybe it came lose from the tubing. If anyone has had either displacement, or the tube to come lose what are the symptoms? I am also get nauseated each time I eat..... any ideas? I would appreciate any help or suggestions you can give. I am planning on calling my doctor, just hoping someone can give me some insight.

Thanks,
Melanie
Melanie    
Tom C.
on 1/30/11 9:13 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Melanie,

To me it sounds as if you pulled a muscle, but in cases like this I always say it's best to call the Doctor. It's always best to hear "that's quite normal" then to hear "Why didn't you contact us when it first occured".
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Melanie Short
on 1/30/11 9:57 am - Hamilton, OH
Thanks Tom, I am thinking the same thing, but you know when something feels different than before it's hard not to worry at least a little bit. I will call them this week, and cross my fingers!

Thanks for your input,
Melanie
Melanie    
crystal M.
on 1/30/11 10:27 am - Joliet, IL
Hello

I wouldn't worry I'm sure you didn't do any damage to your band or port.  If it was that easily damaged I would have been on 50th band or port.  Some coughs or sneezes can be violent enough to cause muscle strain...Heck my mom broke a rib from coughing.  If you feel that concerned call your doctor.  It will give you peace of mind.  I had a scare a few weeks ago.  I finally went in to see my surgeon and turned out to be nothing....all worries gone.
Hislady
on 1/30/11 1:58 pm - Vancouver, WA
Your port should be stitched to the muscle and it probably just pulled that really hard. Maybe bruised the muscle a little bit. It can't hurt tho to check with the doc.
Most Active