Hair loss!!!

red9mom
on 1/25/11 11:56 am
I am 4 months out from my surgery. Down 30 lbs and -11inches. Has anyone had a problem with hair loss and/or is it temporary?
Tom C.
on 1/25/11 5:36 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

Hair loss wasn’t an issue with me, but then again I am bald. Truthfully, this is quite normal. After about 6 – 8 months you’ll notice your hair will be getting back to normal.

Make sure you continue to take your vitamins. Some folks recommend taking biotin to help, but there is no scientific studies that this actually works.  

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Hill_Star
on 1/29/11 11:45 am
I had my surgery almost 11 months ago and still have a major problem with my hair falling out. I've been taking my vitamins and trying to get my protein in that I'm suppose to get but very hard to do so. I take my biotin like I'm suppose to, but isn't doing anything that I can tell except for making my nails very strong and my hair grow faster..I'm needing something to help keep my hair intact lol. I was told that after 6 months it will straighten out. I'm 11 months out and still waiting on it to stop. If you find anything that helps please let me know. I'm willing to try anything as of right now. Oh and do your self a favor and not get a perm to make your hair look thicker due to the hair loss...it just makes it worst. Best of luck
Angelica M.
on 2/1/11 6:38 am - Hobart, OK
 I am 6m out and having the same problem. my doc says its not from getting enough protein and that it takes 6wks to correct... im hoping because my hair is thin already and i dont think ill look as good as tom does being bald ;)
Most Active