4 oz for how long???

mmrh809
on 2/24/11 7:16 am - FAIR LAWN, NJ
I had the realize band on January 7th and have lost 38 lbs so far---yeah!!!!!
Only twice have I had a 2oz snack because I was hungry. I know eventually they up your portions to 6 or 8 oz...does anyone know when they up the portions. Is it when you meet your goal? I am fine with the 4 oz just curious....
Michelle

Tom C.
on 2/24/11 7:35 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Michelle,

The honest answer: depends on your Doctor/Nutritionists. (WARNING – make sure you check with your Doctor/Nutritionists before altering your eating regiment) When I first had the operation I noticed that 4 ounces didn’t fill me, but 6 did. I spoke to my Doctor about it. FOR ME he said that those “numbers" are somewhat guidelines. He went on to explain there are some folks feel full on 2 ounces of protein while some need 6 or 8.

As long as you’re feeling full on less, then be happy. If you don’t, then speak to your Doctor. They may tell you to slightly increase, or they may suggest a fill.

Over time, you will be able to increase your intake if/when you want to maintain.

I hope this answered your question.

PS - before I end CONGRATS on your accomplishment .. SO FAR!! You're such a LOSER !! And isn't it great ?!?!?!?

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
mmrh809
on 2/24/11 7:52 am - FAIR LAWN, NJ
Thanks so much- you are a big help!!!!(and an inspiration)
Michelle
Michelle

Kim H.
on 2/26/11 8:32 am - Duluth, MN
Here I go again, reading someone's post and realizing I have more questions...
After the surgery, how often will I meet with my dietician? The thought of NOT meeting with her, frankly, scares me to death. I know I have support here in OH and from some friends who have been through this, so I should not be freaking out, but...it is 2 days away, and , well...my mind is going a mile a minute....is it difficult to transition into pureed food, then soft food from the liquid part of the plan, and what is ON the pureed food "list"? I know, starches are off limits for my doctor's patients for 4 months, but what else should I know? See you on the loser's bench soon

~Kim~

Tom C.
on 2/26/11 10:11 pm, edited 2/26/11 10:27 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
How often you see your Nutritionist/Dietician should be discussed with you and them. If not, first see if your insurance company allows you X amount of visits per year. If so, try to “schedule" it that way.

Example, if you’re allowed 3 per year then go every 4 months; if 4 then every 3 months, if 2 every 6 months, - understand? If none, then I would still suggest seeing them at least twice a year, OR when you notice you’re making bad choices or eating more. 

3 of the support groups I attend are lead by a Nutritionist (one who was mine) – so make sure I go and take advantage of seeing a nutritionist “for free" :)

Once you have the operation you should be given a list of foods which are permitted. If not, let me know and I can give you the list that was given to me – but I will strongly stress to speak to your Doctor and/or Nutritionist before following it. They may have other thoughts on what is and isn’t permissible.  

As how hard are the transitions, honestly is all depends on the person. For me, I had no issues.   Again for what is or isn’t acceptable to eat, speak to your Doctor and/or Nutritionists. If they don’t guide you, I can give you what I have but (as always) check with them before altering.  

Know the finishing coat has been added to the loser’s bench, and should be dried by tomorrow.

Waiting for you !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Kim H.
on 2/27/11 2:18 am - Duluth, MN
Thank you! My dietician said I would see her tomorrow once I am in my room(I am staying overnight, to make sure my colostomy works ok before I go home), so I will remember to ask her then (IF she does not tell me..she is very thorough). See you tomorrow on the losers' bench (thats the plural possessive, cuz I KNOW there are A LOT of us sitting there! Right? Love you guys!!!

~Kim~

Tom C.
on 2/27/11 10:05 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

TODAY'S THE DAY !!!

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YA ON THE BENCH!!!!

Tom

Kim H.
on 3/1/11 4:47 am - Duluth, MN
Hi!!! Just got home...wonderful experience! Now back to 2 week liquid diet..oh well, got a little break from it in the hospital with clear liquid lunch and dinner yesterday and breakfast today. Lunch before I came home was 4 oz yogurt and 4 oz of watered down Crystal Light. Glad to be home to join you all on the Losers' Bench!! Thanks for the encouragement thus far.I know it will continue!

~Kim~

Tom C.
on 3/1/11 9:00 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

YEAH KIM IS ON THE BENCH !!! CONGRATS !! .. and now the REAL FUN begins :D !!

Remember we're here for ya !!

Tom

Most Active