5 Months

(deactivated member)
on 1/24/11 9:19 pm, edited 1/24/11 9:22 pm - Hatboro, PA
So yesterday was the 5 month anniversary since I had my surgery (some people call it their surgiversary), and so far I've lost exactly 50 lbs since surgery.  Including the weight I lost in the 3 weeks before surgery, I've now lost a total of 64 lbs. 

While it's not as much weight lost as many people who have had one of the bypass procedures, I'm still extremely happy with my results so far.  I'm down 2 pants sizes (and they're even getting loose right now), I'm down about 1 or 2 shirt sizes (it all depends on the brand), my bp meds have been reduced from 40mg down to 10 mg, and overall I'm feeling a heck of a lot better!  For the first time in 15 years I joined the gym, and went for the first time this morning.  I can't wait to get in better shape and start losing more pounds. 

It certainly has been a bit trying at times, and I've had some rough patches here and there.  But the only thing that I regret is not having had this surgery done sooner. 

I hope that everyone is having a great day! 
David
Tom C.
on 1/25/11 2:36 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Happy BAND-iversary, and CONGRATS on your progress!!! Thanks for sharing this David, I know it has helped and inspired many!!

Keep up (or should I say OFF) the great work !!

Know we’re here for you!!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
(deactivated member)
on 1/25/11 11:03 am - Hatboro, PA
Thanks Tom.
Most Active