bmi of 59 wanting to do realize band

Hill_Star
on 1/25/11 4:03 am
 The morning I went in for my lap band...I had a BMI of 62 and thats with about 30 pounds loss before that. Now I'm sitting here with a BMI of 37, 11 months out almost. You've got to have it buried in your head that you really really want to lose weight and that you're gonna stick with it no matter how long it takes.  I spent almost 3 years trying to decide whether I should have Gastric bypass or the Band....after searching and having lots of people telling me that it wouldn't work for me...that I might be lucky to lose about 50 pounds. So I went in with stronger will power than ever just to prove everyone wrong. I was doing it for me and only me. If I lost 50 pounds..then that was better than gaining and not losing nothing at all. You hear it probably every day and every minute on here and its true..." Its only a tool, it won't do it for you" You've really got to believe that too cause it depends on how hard you want it and how hard you work at it. Just take the time to search all the information and when you think you've search enough..Search some more. You always find new information every day...I still find new informations every day I'm on here. With whatever you choose....Best wish and the best of luck. Let us know what you decide and can't wait to see the results. You can do it...don't let no one tell you can't!
jlrbsr1
on 1/25/11 11:37 am - Dahlgren, IL
Wow  That is really encouraging.  I am working as hard as I can.  I am honestly sticking ONLY to the liquid protein and clear liquids diet.  I have not cheated, not even a tiny taste since I started.   I am trying so hard and I want the doc to see that when I go back in a few weeks.  I am really determined to do this. I am proud of myself for not eating what everyone else is eating.  It is hard when the rest of my family is eating and I'm sucking down another shake, but they are reall good.  With ice and splenda, I like them almost more than what I was eating.  I'm here for the long haul.  Thanks so much for you reply.  It was just what I needed to read this evening!!  (congratulations on your weight loss also!!)
Most Active