Officially disappointed in Realize band!

MARIA F.
on 2/6/11 9:17 am - Athens, GA

Nothing. I could not recommend the band to my worst enemy! :-(

FormerlyFluffy.com

Serenty
on 1/18/11 2:53 am - GA
I am so sorry that your band does not seem to be working for you. Please remember that you have to work the band- not the band work for you.  So change your attitude and perhaps this might help. Also, please see your MD, to make sure that all is well.
God bless you on with your journey.
MARIA F.
on 1/18/11 3:11 am - Athens, GA

I think you have a lot of nerve saying my attitude is the problem! Excuse me but my attitude is BECASUE of the worthless band! NOT the other way around!

And of course I know that I am suppose to work WITH the band, but the band is suppose to WORK! Simple as that! I did NOT pay $15,000 to have a band that doesn't work!!!

And go see my MD???? Are u kidding me?! I have gone and had 14 fills! Just how many more times would u expect me to go see my MD in 14 months?!?!?!

And God bless me on my journey??? Your kidding right? You insult me and insinuate that I don't work the band. That my band doesn't work b/c I have an attitude problem. That I don't go to the Drs..............AND THEN YOU SAY GOD BLESS ME?!?!?!?!?!? Well that's very Christian-like of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FormerlyFluffy.com

Serenty
on 1/18/11 4:00 am - GA
First let me apologize for everything I said. Truly was not my intention to make you angrey and upset.
You see, I too had difficulties with my band until I realized that I work the band not the other way around. Yes, visits to other professionals helped me. But most importantly my relationship with Christ helped me pass my stumbling thoughts.

Again, I apologize and wish you the best.
MARIA F.
on 1/18/11 4:14 am - Athens, GA

Apology accepted. If that wasn't your intent then I apologize as well. I am just a little sensetive about this after repeatedly being accused of ME being the problen on the Lap Band forum. That forum can be brutal! :-(

I have had the band 14 mos. and gone for fill after fill...............I have dieted and not done fluids with meals or after.............avoided carbonation...........I have done everything I can do to work WITH  the band! I have changed my eating habits and I have lost about 68 lbs. druring this time. However I have done the through DIETING since I still have not reached a "sweet spot"! I just get sick of being told that I am doing something wrong when obviously I am doing what I need to do to with with the band or else I would not have lost what I have these 14 mos.!!!

The band does NOT work for everyone! And although there is some wonderful support and advise given on this forum (Tom is absolutely wonderful!), I just think that some members need to realize that it doesn't matter what you do..............THE BAND JUST WILL NOT WORK FOR SOME PPL!!! There reaches a point when u just have to cut your losses and revise to a more effective WLS!!!

Glad the band is working for you though, and I hope that continues!!!

FormerlyFluffy.com

Serenty
on 1/18/11 4:40 am - GA
Thank you. I was feeling bruised. Yet, I do understand and yes there are times when I wished that I was able to have the sleeve ( my first choice, but the insurance would not pay), or that I had not listen to my family and had the bypass( that the insurance would also pay for)...but...but..if.

So, know that you are not alone in your struggles, with the band. If you are able to revise then I applaude you and encourage you to take that path.

68 pounds, congratulations on that loss. I know there are times when I say, how come I am not further along in my journey and I do feel defeated and I too wish for a revision, but right now I can't do it.

Yes, I agree that the band is not for everyone. My question is how do we know up front that this will not work for us 1- 2 years down the road, personally, they should have included a revision in the cost as far as I am concerned. :)

So, I work out, I praise God that I have lost some weight, I thank Him for what I have acheived and plod on....

Again, I am sorry, truly did not mean any harm or distress
Tom C.
on 1/12/11 11:23 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

Lucy,

I love my band, and have been successful with it. I’m going on 3 years, and can’t believe life before the band.

I am so sorry to read you are not getting the results you wanted from the Realize band. For some, the band is not the correct tool. Even with all the research one does, and no matter how hard someone works at it, in the end the wrong choice was made. Other times, some folks cannot tolerate the band. It is rare, but does happen. Finally, other time is because the person is not following all the rules. Please, I am not being judgmental or accusing, but stating a fact.

So my question is, ARE YOU FOLLOWING ALL THE RULES? Not some of the time, but MOST of the time? Are you drinking your 64 ounces of non-carbonate non-caffeinated liquids; Are you taking in your recommended allotment of protein (60 to 80 grams – unless your Doctor said otherwise); are you exercising; are you going to support group meetings and/or websites; have you spoken to your Doctor; have you followed-up with your nutritionists; are you eating enough are you grazing in between meals; are you eating fatty or starchy carbs;?

Over the holidays I was not 100% focused, and I gained weight back. I can’t tell you how much, but believe me I did because my “goal pants" do not button. So as of last week I went back to the basics. I pretended I just had the operation and needed to be on a pure liquid stage. I am doing this for a few weeks, and then will progress onto the “semi-mushy" foods, then semi-solid foods and finally solids. I am not saying anyone needs to be as extreme as I, but do each stage to a few days (week). What I am doing it is detoxing my body of the sugars and bad carbs. I am following ALL THE RULES. No more diversions, no more excuses, no more “I know what I am doing" – ALL THE RULES. I need to remember “what got me to this dance".

Remember is they put the band around your stomach, and not around your brain. We need to use some self-control when it comes to food. If hungry stop and ask is this real hunger or head hunger. Asking that alone will probably be an indication it’s head hunger, so you know what to do. Get busy doing something else. If that doesn’t work, EAT – but SOMETHING HEALTHY. Have some salad; vegetables, PROTEIN, etc.

Make sure to attend support groups. Look on line to find ones around you.

Discuss this with your Doctor. That’s why they are there. If you feel you’re not getting the support from them, then you need to go to another Doctor. Remember you are the client/consumer. If you’re paying for a service, you want the best service for that money. If not, move on. You are worth THE BEST because YOU ARE THE BEST !!

Speak to a Nutritionist. Many insurance companies allow you to see one X amount of times per year. Contact your insurance company.

Go and speak to the person who did your psych exam, or see someone new. Again, insurance should be able to cover it. Maybe not the person you originally saw, but someone in your plan.

REMEMBER what it took to make you successful. YOU CAN DO IT !! And know I am here if you need me.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
James M.
on 1/17/11 12:50 am - SAGINAW, MN
I lost exactly what my surgeon said I would lose, fifty percent of my excess weight.  I am not satisfied with my results but I have kept that weight off for 18 months.  I have followed allmost none of the rules, Dont excercize,dont drink water,eat bad foods, you name it, I didnt do it or did do it wrong. (kind of a self destructive nature)
 I finally realize that I have to change and follow those rules.  I started working out and eating better on   JAN,2,2011  The scale is moving down again and I feel great.  We have to remember the band is a tool to be used.  Not a magic ring
MARTY

kimhoke
on 2/3/11 4:36 am
Me too.  I've lost 30 lbs and do follow the rules.  I want a revision but know that my insurance wont pay for it.  Maybe I'll go to Mexico (just kidding) but I am truly disappointed. 
MARIA F.
on 2/6/11 9:19 am - Athens, GA

Kim I plan on going to Mexico to revise to VSG. I have wasted enough time with this CRAP 'BAND!

FormerlyFluffy.com

Most Active