Day 5 after surgery little better

sportsgirl
on 1/3/11 8:03 am
 Day 5 after my battle of the bulge.  Feeling alot better.  Called Dr's office and they will see me in 2 wks.  Haven't needed tylenol all day.  Still light headed and dizzy sometimes and have a very funny feeling right at the bottom of my esophagus ( that's prob the place where the band is around my stomach.)  I have been taking my vitamin and calcium and eating jello, pudding, sf pops, and protein shakes oh and lots of water.  definitly not ready for puree foods yet.  The only major problem right now is that my back hurts at night and haven't really slept the night at all.  But hey that's ok with me.  I am on my way to recovery and thats all I want.  
Tom C.
on 1/3/11 8:22 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Anesthesia may keep you feeling light headed and dizzy for a few more days (even weeks). Did you Doctor recommend breathing exercises ? This is suppose to help expel the gases quicker, and reduce the chances of pneumonia.

Glad to see you're doing better, and able to tolerate the Stage 1 foods. If you still don't feel right, demand to see the Doctor before the two weeks. Only you know you, and what you should feel like.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
sportsgirl
on 1/3/11 8:31 pm
 I do take deep breaths to prevent pneumonia.  Last night was the first night I slept threw the night without needed to get up and walk around.  I am definitely starting to feel better.  I will absolutely call my Dr if i need to!  Thats what their for!!!!  Thanks for your help have a good and positive day.
Most Active