Left lower abdomina Pain?

mfeagan
on 1/4/11 1:58 am
I had my band surgery in December 2010. Have been fine with it and have lost close to 60lbs. Never had any issues with vomiting, etc....Thank GOD! However, lately I have been having some left lower abdominal pain that happens shortly after I eat. Sometimes it's after I drink something. Has anyone experienced this? I go see my doctor for another fill on the 13th, but I'm just curious. I am thinking it could be a possible hernia or scar tissue.

Thanks for any advice you have!

Tom C.
on 1/4/11 6:22 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Glad to read you're going to speak to your Doctor. That's my #1 suggestion to anyone who questions what they are experiencing. It's always best to hear "that's quite normal" then to hear "why didn't you contact me when this first occurred".

Quick question - have you noticed a pattern when this pain occurs (example, after I eat Chicken; after 20 minutes; whenever I drink cold water; etc). That may narrow down what is causing it.

Good luck, and keep us informed what the Doctor tells you.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Grosenwald
on 1/10/11 11:16 am
I had a reaction similar to this and it turned out to be gastritis.  I had it from this past Thursday afternoon to Saturday night and then it went away.  It was really painful and then it just disappeared.  I did have some Indian food that day which usually  causes a run to the restroom in about an hour from consumption...anyway.... TMI but I just had some chicken and lentils and OOOOOH NEVER AGAIN!
Most Active