CONFESSION: I haven't been 100%, so I am taking my own advice.

Tom C.
on 1/3/11 7:08 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Since the Holidays I haven’t been 100% with my eating. I haven’t been focused, and made bad decisions. However, I know I am not alone, and I remind myself that many naturally thin people haven’t been 100% either. So I went back into my past post replies and I given myself the toughest love I can give myself … Yesterday is over and done with. There is nothing we can do about it. Tomorrow is NOW, and it’s time to get back on track.

So if you were like me, and need that extra kick in the (___0___) .. read on ..

First – I need to remember this isn’t a diet plan; it’s a way of life. So slips, stumbles and falls will occur. What we do when this happens is truly important. We need to get ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and continue down the road to success.

I stopped and ask myself “Where did I come from" .. then asked “Why did I do this operation" – basically the answer is because is was last resort.

I need to realize I am stronger than any craving or any food. It took strength to admit I have a problem I couldn’t control. It took strength to decide to have an operation. It took strength to do what was needed before and after the operation. It took strength to say “I need help" .. So we have the strength, now we need to call on it.

Today I needed to GET BACK TO THE BASICS !! I pretend today was day one of the operation and I went back to a strict liquid diet. I will do this for a few days (actually planning on two weeks), then go onto the next stage of soft food (for two weeks) then finally regular food. What I am really doing it is detoxing my body of the sugars and bad carbs. If I find myself hungry – I will eat .. but SENSIBLE foods. I will make sure to follow all the rules.

I have gone back and follow the rules that made me successful. I am drinking the 64 ounces of NON-CARBONATE/DECAFFEINATED liquid. I am having the 60 to 80 grams of protein. I am making sure I don’t drink 30 minutes before/after or during your meal. 

What I remembered is they put the band around my stomach, and not around my brain. I will need to use some self control when it comes to food. When I feel hungry I need to stop and ask if this real hunger or head hunger. Asking that alone will probably be an indication it’s head hunger. Then I will know what to do. Get busy doing something else. If that doesn’t work, EAT – but SOMETHING HEALTHY. Have some salad; vegetables, PROTEIN, etc.

REMEMBER what it took to make us successful. WE CAN DO IT !!

Now – I am off my (_____o_______) – I have stopped making excuses – and I am (sorry Nike) JUST DOING IT !!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
sportsgirl
on 1/3/11 7:52 am
GOOD LUCK!  I think we all know YOU will be successful!  Your very inspirational and have a great attitude.  
mom05
on 1/8/11 6:05 am
Good for you Tom... you are taking action and that is what is important. I know you will do great and succeed!!!!  and like always thanks for the great advice and tips:)

Janitzia
Most Active