Day Four and still in pain

sportsgirl
on 1/1/11 9:17 pm
 Well never had this procedure done before so this could be completely normal.  Day 4 and still can't eat nothing but CLEAR liquids and still nauseated.  only can take tylenol for pain.  Going to call dr's office Mon morning to ask questions.  I know I had major surgery only 4 days ago so trying to be cool about it.  Any input anyone!  need help
rich_in_nfpa
on 1/2/11 1:27 am - New Freedom, PA
Definitely the best thing you can do is check with your doctor's office. It's far better to hear them say "that's perfectly normal" rather than "why didn't you call us earlier?"

Keep hydrated -- even if it's just clear liquids. My surgeon told me the leading cause of readmission following WLS is dehydration. Get as much protein as you can -- your body needs it to heal.

Let us know what your doctor says tomorrow and how you're doing.

(((e-hugs)))

Rich -- "One Day at a Time, One Pound at a Time"
(Start: 292.6 / surgery weight: 265.0 / current: 205.6 / goal: 175.0)
sportsgirl
on 1/2/11 4:14 am
 thank you, i will let you know.  
Tom C.
on 1/3/11 7:26 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Rich gave very sound advice. Remember you may feel nausea for up to two weeks (maybe longer) because of the anesthesia.

Check with you Doctor, and then let us know what they said. This information may be beneficial to another newbie.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active