Problems with esophagus

DitzyBlonde
on 1/1/11 3:32 pm - AL
Does anyone have a problem with their esophagus being zig zagged shaped since they had the Realize band put on?  Mine is zig zagged shape and after taking medicine for 5 months and having 3 barium swallows there's no change.  They have removed almost all the fill in the band.  Every time I try to eat something solid my stomach burns and I have to eat something cold to ease the burning sensation. I do not want the band removed!!!

I've gained 20 lbs. back of the 68 I lost.  I was doing fine until they told me to eat regular food.  I'm back on my soft foods and protein drinks and leaving off the Heavenly Hash Frozen Yogurt that I was eating daily because it was cold.  I hope to start losing once again. I've started going to Curves and hopefully that will help me.

This may not be a band problem since I also have a zig zagged colon.  I've known I have a zig zagged colon for 10 years or more. I found out when I had my first colonoscopy. I didn't think to tell Dr. Schmitt because I thought it was caused from scar tissue from a hysterectomy I had years ago. 

Tom C.
on 1/3/11 7:28 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
I never heard of this, but that doesn't mean it's not uncommon.

Know we're here for you. I will be praying.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
DitzyBlonde
on 1/3/11 9:54 am - AL
 Thanks for your prayers!  I really appreciate them.
Most Active