lot of pain today

sportsgirl
on 12/30/10 4:06 am
 Day after surgery was rough.  Told that I could eat liquid diet such as cream of wheat and protein shakes but threw up all morning.  Had to call office and told me to stay on clear liquids until i feel better.  Had to get nausea meds too!  Hope I feel better soon.  Anyone had this experience?   I can't wait to feel better.  Hoping soon!!!!
rich_in_nfpa
on 12/30/10 7:37 am - New Freedom, PA
I was told to stay on clear liquids for 2 days after my surgery and then full liquids for a least a week before moving to pureed food for a week and finally to solid food. I was lucky that I didn't have any nausea and no instances of vomiting. You want to avoid that as much as possible as it can dislodge the band, especially early on. Walk around the house as much as possible which will help relieve the gas they inflated your abdomen with.

Remember, easy does it! Follow your doctor's orders and don't try to rush things. You're beginning a long journey -- take it one step at a time.

Rich -- "One Day at a Time, One Pound at a Time"
(Start: 292.6 / surgery weight: 265.0 / current: 205.6 / goal: 175.0)
Malg22
on 1/2/11 7:32 am - Tiffin, OH
VSG on 12/18/13
Hello-sorry to hear you aren't well...we are already in pain after surgery and then to add nausea..oh boy. I had my surgery on Dec. 28th-realize band. After my surgery in the hospital I was so nauseas...oh it was bad. The nurse gave me some meds in my iv and when it came time to walk around there...she had to open an alcohol pad and put it under my nose along with telling me to breath deep and look up....don't look down. And that helped.

Sure hope you feel better. Take it easy-I'm trying to do that too. Almost 1 week out.

Angie in Ohio
Tom C.
on 1/3/11 7:18 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Just wondering how you're feeling now? Know we're here for you!!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active