excited but scared newbie here!

(deactivated member)
on 12/22/10 5:07 am
 excited but scared of the surgery.  date of surgery 12/29.  Starting to eat like i had band done already.  How do you feel after?  Going back to work in 2 wks.   Hope I can do it.
MaMa_M
on 12/22/10 8:26 pm - MI
Wishing you all the best in your journey. I went back to work after 10 days...could have gone back sooner (I have a desk job) but took the extra days to make sure I was fully recovered. My husband went back to work in less than a week (he also has a desk job). My daughter has a little more physically demanding job, she went back after two weeks but with an additional two week lifting restriction.
MaMa M

Tom C.
on 12/23/10 4:00 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Of course everyone heals at different rates. MY experience, I could have gone back to work in 3 days. IMHO, If you can afford it - I suggest that everyone take at least two weeks - and here's why

(A) You need to get into the right "mind-set", especially when it comes to your "eating regiment". If you’re anything like me, in the past you never ‘ate’ when you were suppose to. You skipped meals, ate the wrong things, etc. In order to be successful, you need to follow the rules; eat at specific times; drink all day, etc. Even in an “office" atmosphere, sometimes things are hectic, and you may start “short changing’ yourself in the beginning. Get down a good foundation, and this way when things DO become CRAZED, you’ll know that no matter how nuts it is, YOU need to take care of YOURSELF FIRST

(B) I always feared, God-forbid what happens if something goes wrong, and I am at work. In my case, NO ONE could have picked me up if I fell. And many “on site nurses" have no bariatric training and/or knowledge. The anesthesia may also cause you to be groggy and/or cause body pain for a few weeks.

What a wonderful present you're giving yourself - and what a way to end the year and begin NEW!!

Wishing you a Happy (and senisble) Holiday
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active