What is your optimal fill level in your Realize Band?

dawnmarieNJ
on 12/7/10 4:52 am
I know everyone is different, but I was just curious...what is your optimal fill level in your Realize band?

Right now I am at 7.5 cc's.  I have very  good restriction, and I am steadily losing around 1 - 1.5 lbs per week.  I hope it lasts awhile.  With all previous fills, the restriction kind of wears off after about 3 weeks (as I lose more weight, I am assuming).

I am scheduled for a fill on December 16, but I am debating whether or not I really need it.  I think I will see how I'm feeling a few days before my appointment, and then give my surgeon a call to see what he thinks.

You can't go back and make a brand new start, but you can start from now and make a brand new end. 

LillieGracesMom
on 12/7/10 7:45 am
Right now I'm at 5 cc's and I'm feeling swell!
Keep up the great work.  When did you have your surgery?  How have you done?
Best of luck,
Heather

dawnmarieNJ
on 12/7/10 9:28 am
That's great!!!

I had my surgery on August 11, so almost 4 months now.  I'm down a total of 40 lbs since surgery, and 50 lbs overall.  I lost about ten pounds on my own before the surgery.

I am thrilled with my progress so far!  I had a few stuck episodes after this last fill (the one that put me at 7.5 cc's), but it was only because there are now some foods that don't work for me.  I used to be able to eat scrambled eggs and broccoli with no problem.  Now that I have some restriction I can't tolerate them.

You can't go back and make a brand new start, but you can start from now and make a brand new end. 

Kim H.
on 12/12/10 5:19 am - Duluth, MN
I am tentatively scheduled for surgery in March. I am excited! What I want to know is, how long will it take me to lose the 60 pounds the doc has promised I will lose? He said a couple years, but that seems awfully long! Any thoughts? All are welcome!
Tooty
on 12/8/10 2:13 am - Germantown, TN
I am around 8 cc's.

You are doing Fantastic and are workin' that band!!

I am the same when it comes to eggs...they aren't happening much for me anymore...also sometimes I can eat beef, sometimes not...it's just a day to day thing with most foods for me.  Some things I have just given up trying ;o)
Cathlena - 39, 4'11"   Start - 210  3/31/09    BMI  Start: 42.4    
 LilySlim - (OdX3)
Tom C.
on 12/9/10 10:02 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Realize has two size bands. 9cc and 11cc. Hence it could take more saline in one band to get to the “sweet spot" (ex. It will take 4.5 cc for a 9cc band to be half-fill, compared to 5.5cc for a 11cc band to be half-filled).

Now before you freak about the “size" of the band, remember this: all bands (no matter what brand or size) all “close" to the same diameter. It may take a longer time (more saline) for the “larger" band to get that diameter then a smaller band.

MY Doctor feels, as long as you're still losing weight - no need for a fill. Once your lost stops, or you feel hungry quicker; or eating more then it's time for a fill.

IMHO, your band can be filled only SO many times (to the maximum) so why "waste it" if you're doing well. Wait until it's needed.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
dawnmarieNJ
on 12/9/10 10:14 pm
Tom - I agree with you about waiting until you really "need" a fill.  I lost 3 pounds this week, so I think I'm at a GREAT place right now!

And I completely forgot that Realize has 2 sizes.  I have an 11 cc band.

Thanks again for all your input, everyone!

Most Active