Had Surgury 11/30 tell me what to expect

jeannie6812
on 12/4/10 4:06 am
Had Surgury 11/30,doing Ok pain gone, bloated but know that will go away everyday get up :
Coffee
Protien Shake ( with frozen fruit)
popscicles
Protien Shake
Cottage Cheese
Pudding with cool whip Sugar Free
Protien Shake
Jello & cool Whip
Popscicles
Water all day long, so is this right?
Tom C.
on 12/5/10 9:50 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

Every Doctor is different, so before you up or change your in-take check with them ... with that said, here is a list of things you should (could) be having:

Of course your 64 ounces of water. - My advice, take a "sip" (mouth full) every 10 minutes. It will keep you full

Ice Chips
Low-fat broth
Sugar-free Jello
Sugar-free juices (ie. Crystal Light)
Non-carbonated flavored waters
unsweetened decaffeinated ice tea
sugar-free popsicles

remember - the above list is all considered 'water' - so you can have as much as you like (again, check with your Doctor).

Skim milk (Skim Plus)
Vegetable juice (ex V-8 and/or tomato)
Low-fat cream soup (made with skim milk)
light smooth yogurt
light fat-free/sugar free ricotta
sugar-free/fat-free puddings (made with skim milk)
Apple sauce (natural - sugar free - no chunks)
whipped low fat cottage cheese

remember - these have calories - so eat until full (not stuffed).

Finally PROTEIN DRINK made with skim milk.

Please make sure you are getting your 60 to 80 grams of protein in per day (or whatever your Doctor told YOU). Protein will keep you full.

As for coffee - MY Doctor told me REGULAR coffee was/is a No-No. Decafe Coffee is permissible.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active